AMC floating dock named one of WA's best infrastructure projects
- Shipbuilding in Maine. // Monkeyshines on America;Feb2001 Maine Issue, p28
In the coastal areas of Maine, shipbuilding is the top industry, employing thousands of people. The first English ship built in North America was constructed by colonists in Maine in 1607. Today, there are two major shipbuilders in Maine, one government-operated and the other private, and over...
- PROBLEM DEFINITION OF HULL STRUCTURES DESIGN OF A FLOATING DOCK UNDER THE REQUIREMENTS TO THE GENERAL STRENGTH. Thu, Le Minh; Tryaskin, Vladimir Nickolaevich; Lubenko, Vladimir Nickolaevich // Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University. Series: Marine ;2012, Issue 1, p18
The creation of a floating dock design under the requirements to the general strength and stability at the general longitudinal bending is the ultimate problem of designing, especially for floating docks with a great load-carrying capacity. A mathematical model and a realisation algorithm of the...
- Ship repairs in Ketchikan. Woodring, Jeannie; Swagel, Will // Alaska Business Monthly;May95, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p11
Reports that the US Coast Guard Sweetbrier ship as the first ship to use the Ketchikan-based Alaska Ship and Drydock shipyard for maintenance.
- NEW BOATING FACILITY AIMS BIG IN ANACORTES. Bach, Deborah // Pacific Yachting;May2011, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p22
The article offers information on the services provided by Pacific Marine Center, a full-service yacht centre based in Anacortes, Vancouver, British Columbia, which has an outdoor dry storage for boats up to 60 feet.
- Winter's tide lifts all boats. Nelson, Todd R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/24/99, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the annual tradition, along parts of coastal United States, of dry docking boats and putting docks away in preparation for winter.
- Overhaul to give S.J. dry dock new life. Santiago, Jaime // Caribbean Business;3/3/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p38
The article reports on the planned overhaul of the dry-dock facility in Puerto Rico.
- FELLOW GRADE. // SWE Magazine;2014, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p158
The article profiles Alma Martinez Fallon, director of supply chain procurement at Newport News Shipbuilding and recipient of the Society of Women Engineers' (SWE) Fellow Grade Award.
- Keeping Shieldhall Steaming. MacKenzie, Graham // PowerShips;Winter2012, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p50
The author describes volunteer efforts undertaken to operate and maintain the British ship "Shieldhall" as of winter 2012. According to the article, the volunteer group operating the ship raised about $125,000 in funds between January 2011 and May 2011 to place the "Shieldhall" in dry dock for...
- Yard Marker. Long, Daniel W. // Boating;Jun2002, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p64
Provides a guide on identifying danger at boatyards and dry docks.