Western Boat Builders -- a leading contributor in offshore vessel construction and conversion
- 'Atlas 2000.'. // Ausmarine;Jul2009, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p22
The article features the Atlas 2000 work boat owned by Dongara Marine. Designed by Southerly Designs and built by Geraldton Boat Builders in 2000, the vessel serves as a longliner that operates in the tuna and swordfish industry of Western Australia. The Atlas 2000 is outfitted with a 3412 CAT...
- 'Northerner.'. // Ausmarine;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
The article evaluates a multipurpose offshore supply vessel (OSV) called Northerner built by Geraldton Boat Builders and Western Boat Builders.
- 'ASB Muliara 5.'. // Ausmarine;May2011, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p28
The article evaluates the ASB Mutiara 5 crew supply boat designed by Southerly Designs and built by Strategic Marine.
- Southerly's designs are building across the region. // Ausmarine;Sep2006, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p29
The article focuses on naval architecture company Southerly Designs, which continues to add a wide variety of designs to their portfolio. Strategic marine built and launched the 31-meter crew vessel Svitzer Al Safliya in their yard in Singapore. The North Island lobster carrier boat features an...
- Southerly Designs -- a prolific, distinctive originator. // Ausmarine;Nov2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p24
The article features Southerly Designs, a design house and consultancy in the small commercial vessel vector based in Port Denison, Western Australia. The design history of Southerly Designs started with the requirements of Australia's Western Rock Lobster Fishery. Southerly Designs' portfolio...
- Strategic Marine opens Vietnamese shipyard in big development push. // Ausmarine;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the official opening of Western Australian shipbuilder Strategic Marine's shipyard in Vietnam on February 24, 2009. The shipyard is located at the Dong Xuyen Industrial Zone in Ba Ria Vung Tau province and has the capability to build large steel and aluminum vessels....
- Strategic Marine Opens Shipyard in Vietnam. // Welding Journal;May2009, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the official opening of Strategic Marine's $18 million shipyard in Vietnam. Chairman Mark Newbold announced that the Vietnamese yard had already won over $68.3 million in orders. He also added that the company had started and funded an apprenticeship program which is first...
- VESSELS, RIGS, UPGRADES. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;Sep2007, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p26
This article offers information regarding several issues including Strategic Marine Pty. Ltd., Ezra Holdings Ltd., and PetroMENA ASA. Strategic Marine Pty. Ltd. of western Australia has secured an order from Coastline Maritime Pte. Ltd. of Singapore for steel construction of a 143-m diving...
- Southerly Designs. Brown, Mike // Ausmarine;Sep2012, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p45
The article offers information about Western Australia-based naval architecture firm Southerly Designs Pty. Ltd.which offers varieties of vessel designs including crew boats, offshore supply vessels (OSVs) for oil and gas sector and high-speed vessels.