Strategic delivers the AMC floating dry dock base pontoon
- BATTLE OF THE SHIPLIFTS. Bergmann, Kym // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the differences of the approaches and market philosophies of two large shiplifts in Australia. One is at the Henderson common user facility in Perth, Western Australia, which comprises 99 meter long floating dock, which has the capacity to lift a 12,000 tonne ship out of...
- Southern Indiana City ready to remove docks for new marina. // Log Newspaper;1/17/2014, Issue 963, p4
The article reports on the plan of Southern Indiana City to dismantle hydraulic docks in Ohio River intended to enhance marina facility in Jeffersonville.
- Ship repairs in Ketchikan. Woodring, Jeannie; Swagel, Will // Alaska Business Monthly;May95, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p11
Reports that the US Coast Guard Sweetbrier ship as the first ship to use the Ketchikan-based Alaska Ship and Drydock shipyard for maintenance.
- NEW BOATING FACILITY AIMS BIG IN ANACORTES. Bach, Deborah // Pacific Yachting;May2011, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p22
The article offers information on the services provided by Pacific Marine Center, a full-service yacht centre based in Anacortes, Vancouver, British Columbia, which has an outdoor dry storage for boats up to 60 feet.
- Winter's tide lifts all boats. Nelson, Todd R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/24/99, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the annual tradition, along parts of coastal United States, of dry docking boats and putting docks away in preparation for winter.
- Overhaul to give S.J. dry dock new life. Santiago, Jaime // Caribbean Business;3/3/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p38
The article reports on the planned overhaul of the dry-dock facility in Puerto Rico.
- Yard Marker. Long, Daniel W. // Boating;Jun2002, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p64
Provides a guide on identifying danger at boatyards and dry docks.
- TURNING BACK THE CLOCK. JONES, ALAN // Boating World;Sep2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various technological advances in floating dock, bow thruster, and dry-dock storage which have extended boaters' careers by a decade or more.
- SPACE INVADERS. Freese, Thomas L. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Jun2003, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the dock area of warehouses in Canada. Number of docks required; Appropriate location of docks; Types of docks.