Ayres Composite Panels proves powerfully resilient
- ADAPTING SIMPLE PROTECTION METHODS TO SOUND TRANSMISSION OF LIGHTWEIGHT FOAM CORED PANELS. Ballagh, K. O. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;Jul2011, p177
A common building product used in industrial buildings consists of thin steel or aluminium skins on each side of a foam plastic core such as polystyrene. Such panels have many attractive properties, they are light weight, have excellent capacity to span between structural supports, excellent...
- Trends in the Global Aluminum Fabrication Industry. Das, Subodh; Weimin Yin // JOM: The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TM;Feb2007, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p83
The aluminum fabrication industry has become more vital to the global economy as international aluminum consumption has grown steadily in the past decades. Using innovation, value, and sustainability, the aluminum industry is strengthening its position not only in traditional packaging and...
- NUMERICAL MODELING OF DOUBLE BOTTOM PANEL IN THE CENTER OF THE VESSEL. ADRIAN, PAVEL; ANIŞOARA-GABRIELA, CRISTEA // Analele Universitatii Maritime Constanta;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p157
This paper presents the steps for manufacturing a double bottom panel for a bulk carrier ship, using Femap finite element program based on data obtained from sampling the ship in Poseidon and description of ship nomenclature in AutoCAD.
- The Influence of Extended and Variable Pre-Stretching on the Strength of AA2195 Alloy Taper-Rolled Plates. Rodgers, B. I.; Cinderey, R. J.; Prangnell, P. B. // Materials Science Forum;2017, Vol. 877, p205
The influence of larger pre-strains, than are currently used in industry, has been investigated on the ageing behaviour of the Al-Cu-Li alloy 2195 - in the context of producing nearnet- shape, taper-rolled, thickness-tailored, plates for aerospace applications. FE modelling and simulations have...
- A Maintenance-Free Hull? LUNDQUIST, EDWARD // Sea Power;Mar2012, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on several materials that can be used in ship construction as alternatives to ferrous ones. It says that aluminum can oxidize and corrode and does not require painting. It states that composite structures have fuel and speed efficiency benefits and will not corrode or crack....
- What are your plates really worth? Morris, Scott // Printing World;Oct2006, Vol. 306 Issue 13, p43
The article reports on the increase in the cost of manufacturing aluminum plates in Great Britain. Â£3 million worth of aluminum plates go missing from printers every year due to its high scrap value. The rise in the cost of aluminum was attributed to the rise in energy prices. The real cost...
- Metal roofing: Playing the name game. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Oct2003, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p39
Focuses on metal roofing technology. Types of metal roofing panels; Usage of various types metal panels.
- Cladding solutions. // Building Design;10/22/2004, Issue 1647, Special section p19
Presents several building materials in Great Britain. Fabric panels; Ingenuity of the fabric material; Aerogel.
- ART AND ENGINEERING. // ASEE Prism;Apr2005, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
Describes the aluminum base plates exhibited by artist Christo and Jeanne-Claude at the Central Park in New York.