Australian southern bluefin quotas slashed by 30 percent
- Outer Banks tuna. // Outdoor Life;Nov95, Vol. 196 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the fishery of giant bluefin tuna off the Outer Banks of North Carolina during the winter. Fishing strategy; Decrease in Atlantic bluefin tuna population.
- Bluefin bonanza. Marshall, Bob // Field & Stream;Nov95, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p84
Describes giant bluefin tuna fishing around the shipwrecks off the Cape Hatteras coast in the Atlantic Ocean. Plans for studying sudden proliferation of bluefin tuna; Fishing season.
- Tarheel Tuna. Brownlee, John // Salt Water Sportsman;Dec2004, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p78
Focuses on bluefin tuna fishing off the coast of North Carolina.
- Southern Bluefin Tuna fishery. Hayes, Elizabeth A. // Issues;May97, Issue 39, p24
Discusses Southern Bluefin Tuna fishery in Australia. Historical background on the beginnings of the fishery; Migration and spawning ground of the species; Explanation of the Bilateral Agreement between Australia and Japan concerning the operation of Japanese vessels fishing in the Australian...
- THE bluefin deli. Caputi, Gary // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul2003, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p90
Presents an article on fishing for bluefin tuna in the U.S. Atlantic Coast.
- 962-POUND BLUEFIN OFF NEW HAMPSHIRE. // Salt Water Sportsman;Oct2013, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the 962-pound bluefin tuna caught by anglers aboard Salt Shaker from New Castle, New Hampshire which set the new record for heaviest bluefin tuna catch in the state since 2001.
- A yen for tuna. Emerson, George // Saturday Night;Apr97, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p31
Views the Nova Scotia fishermen and how the International Tuna Cup started. Host of the International Tuna Cup in 1937; Why the giant bluefin tuna has been considered valuable; Why Harpooning tuna was considered a high-stakes gamble; Nova Scotia; Remarks of the World Wildlife Fund executive on...
- DOWN TO THE LAST SUSHI. Rauber, Paul // Sierra;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p20
The article discusses pressure placed on Atlantic Ocean populations of bluefin tuna owing to the Japanese food industry and the high value of bluefin tuna sold at auction.
- FishRap's Fish Report. // Log Newspaper;6/8/2012, Issue 921, p30
The article offers news briefs related to fishing in California as of June 2012 on topics including Bluffin fisheries, yeallowtails in Los Coronados islands and barracudas in Huntington Beach, California.