Austal's Caribbean patrol boats impress during trials
- Coast Guard Modernizes Patrol Boat Fleets. Brody, Ambrosia // Boating World;Mar2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the plan of the U.S. Coast Guard to modernize its fleet of rapid-response boats, including the fleets in Baltimore, Maryland and Yorktown, Virginia.
- AFTER WORD. PIERCE, PIERRE // Power & Motoryacht;May2015, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p160
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of driving a motor boat toward Bimini of Bahamas Islands, where he got a machine gun as defense from what he thought were drug runners chasing them on another boat but discovered that they were Bahamas Defense Force members.
- BP Colluding with Government on Media Censorship? Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;5/20/2010, p4
A photograph depicting a boat of the contractors of BP PLC with two coast guard officers on it, is presented.
- Fishers Lift Level of Compliance with Seabird Rules. // Australian Maritime Digest;Aug2012, Issue 214, p13
The article presents the second series of surveillance flights over waters off Victoria and New South Wales (NSW) which revealed that all boats follow the rules for compulsory application of seabird mitigation devices in the Commonwealth South East Trawl Fishery in 2012.
- Dynamite. // Time;5/5/1923, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p7
This article reports on the discovery of 1,600 cases of whiskey in the power boat Napeague in New York Harbor in New York City in 1923. The coast guards found the whiskey under the boat's tarpaulins. The captain of the boat initially claimed that the boat was loaded with dynamite when a coat...
- Dealing with Authority. Coyle, Jay // Yachting;Feb2013, Vol. 213 Issue 2, p16
An interview with a water cop in south Florida is presented in which he recommends not drinking while driving a boat and talks about when a lawman can search a boat and refusal to allow and inspection can lead to arrest.
- INBOX. Gilbert, H.; Morgan, Tyler; James, Gavan; Stuart, Kim; Sweeney, Mark // Power & Motoryacht;Oct2015, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p28
Several letters to the editor are presented, in response to the interview with Coast Guard Commander Cortese in the September 2015 issue, in response to the article by Daniel Sipes on storm that hit Catalina Harbor, California in August 2015 issue, and an article on publishing articles on boats.
- Corrections. // Boating World;Apr2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p11
A correction to the article "15 Reasons to Look Forward to Boating Season" and "Spring Ahead" published in the February 2011 issue of "Boating World" magazine is presented.
- Challenges & Opportunities. MARCARIO, JOHN C. // Sea Power;Aug2013, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p26
The article discusses the challenges and opportunities for 9th District U.S. Coast Guard related to guarding of Great Lakes waters, despite the unavailability of advanced technology and assets. According to officials of Coast Guard there is need to upgrade the boat stations. It also highlights...