Northern and southern bluefin tuna fisheries are quite different
- Jurisdiction. // European Food & Feed Law Review;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p402
The article offers information on a judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union regarding the prohibition of French fishermen from fishing bluefin tuna before the end of the fishing licenses validity to avoid a serious threat to the conservation and recovery of bluefin tuna stock.
- Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Fishery at Risk of Collapse. Herro, Alana // World Watch;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p5
The article focuses on a study concerned with the fishing of bluefin tuna in the eastern Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea regions. The study points out that, the illegal overfishing bluefin tuna in the region has taken the fishery at risk of collapse. The main offenders in the activity are...
- Overfishing in the Atlantic. Stehr, Hagen // Ausmarine;Nov2007, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p6
The author comments on the overfishing practices of Japanese and European fishers. He criticizes the European Union (EU) for the failure of its laws to protect marine habitats from overfishing. He describes how fishing vessels from Europe continue their fishing malpractices despite EU...
- Outer Banks tuna. // Outdoor Life;Nov95, Vol. 196 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the fishery of giant bluefin tuna off the Outer Banks of North Carolina during the winter. Fishing strategy; Decrease in Atlantic bluefin tuna population.
- Bluefin bonanza. Marshall, Bob // Field & Stream;Nov95, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p84
Describes giant bluefin tuna fishing around the shipwrecks off the Cape Hatteras coast in the Atlantic Ocean. Plans for studying sudden proliferation of bluefin tuna; Fishing season.
- Tarheel Tuna. Brownlee, John // Salt Water Sportsman;Dec2004, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p78
Focuses on bluefin tuna fishing off the coast of North Carolina.
- Southern Bluefin Tuna fishery. Hayes, Elizabeth A. // Issues;May97, Issue 39, p24
Discusses Southern Bluefin Tuna fishery in Australia. Historical background on the beginnings of the fishery; Migration and spawning ground of the species; Explanation of the Bilateral Agreement between Australia and Japan concerning the operation of Japanese vessels fishing in the Australian...
- THE bluefin deli. Caputi, Gary // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul2003, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p90
Presents an article on fishing for bluefin tuna in the U.S. Atlantic Coast.
- 962-POUND BLUEFIN OFF NEW HAMPSHIRE. // Salt Water Sportsman;Oct2013, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the 962-pound bluefin tuna caught by anglers aboard Salt Shaker from New Castle, New Hampshire which set the new record for heaviest bluefin tuna catch in the state since 2001.