TITLE

Leading Recovery

AUTHOR(S)
Parks, David
PUB. DATE
December 2009
SOURCE
Leadership Excellence Essentials;Dec2009, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p19
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
In this article the author challenges leadership development (LD) professionals to be proactive in the economic recovery effort, reminding them that now is the time to show that they can do. In his view 80% of them are in a waiting state, telling stories about the fallout of the recession, but the other 20% have more optimistic views about facing the challenges and see themselves poised to drive the recovery. He suggest three points for LD practitioners to consider including the need for bold leadership and long-term strategic approach.
ACCESSION #
46738806

 

Related Articles

  • Restocking, or recovery? Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;2/8/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 5, p12 

    The article presents information on the global economic condition. It is stated that the motives behind why people say certain things about the economic recovery could be crucial in drawing up a realistic assessment of the risks for 2010. According to a new report by the McKinsey Global...

  • Think Different. MECHACA, PAUL // Financial Planning;Dec2009, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p62 

    The article discusses the lessons learned by the people from the economic crisis. Research Affiliates chairman and founder Robert Arnott, commented on the economic recovery in March 2009. Lessons for creating a smarter finance portfolio include there are no absolutes, revisit correlations and...

  • The recession will leave a residue. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p11 

    In this article, the author discusses the aftermath of the global economic downturn in the U.S. 2009. He contends that people should think about recessions in terms of what they have lost in output. He assesses that some of the output can be deferred with a less damage to society, but others may...

  • A Call for Leaders. Gutterman, Sara // Green Builder Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p12 

    The author calls for new leadership that will lead the economy to recovery. According to the author, the 2009 economic recession has no historical precedence and given its many unknowns, it is time that leadership come not only from elected officials but from Wall Street and Main Street as well....

  • GLOATING ON AIR. Cope, Bill // Boise Weekly;11/17/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p7 

    In this article, the author presents an election analysis in which 42 million registered voters have questioned the low economic condition in the U.S. on November 2, 2010. He found that almost three million voters were seeking economic change and development from the effects of 2008 global...

  • Broken engagement. Hollon, John // Workforce Management;9/14/2009, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p42 

    In this article the author discusses the economic recovery in the U.S. and the need for business leaders to help the workforce recover. The author wants leaders to invest in their workforce and help them feel more hopeful and confident that things are going to get better in the future. He...

  • Road to Recovery. Kingsbury, Kathleen // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 19, p43 

    The article describes how the international package carrier United Parcel Service (UPS) has made a strong economic recovery after the global financial crisis of 2008. UPS' chief executive officer (CEO) Scott Davis has announced that the company's 2009 earnings were better than expected. UPS has...

  • Road to Recovery. Kingsbury, Kathleen // Time International (Atlantic Edition);5/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 19, p43 

    The article describes how the package carrier United Parcel Service (UPS) has made a strong economic recovery after the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009. Scott Davis, chief executive officer (CEO) of UPS, has announced that the company's 2009 earnings were better than expected and that he...

  • Toward a Progressive Macroeconomic Explanation of the Recession. Sherman, Howard // Challenge (05775132);Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p68 

    The article discusses the progressive economic aspects of a business cycle. The author focuses on three hypothesis that impacted the 2007-2009 recession. The first hypothesis stated that the recession was brought by the declining growth rate of revenue and the rapid increase of cost. Second,...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics