What CEOs Are Reading
- Sports cards: Choose a theme. Johnson, Jay // Boys' Life;Dec92, Vol. 82 Issue 12, p62
Gives advice on how to become a collector and not an accumulator of sports cards. Difference between collecting and accumulating cards; The most common approach; Collecting by last name; Collecting award-winning players.
- Russian penguins invade America. // USA Today Magazine;May94, Vol. 122 Issue 2588, p95
Introduces the Russian Penguin replica game jersey patterned after the game jerseys of Pittsburgh Penguins' minor league from Moscow, Russia, Central Red Army Team. UCKA letters across the chest of a muscular, broad shouldered penguin; Available in home white and away red; Price; Contact...
- Low-cost sports memorabilia. Schaefer, Jeff // Boys' Life;Nov92, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p72
Suggests sports collectibles that you can get for a few dollars or for free. Look for sports memorabilia inside all sorts of products; Save the entire sports section when an athlete breaks a record or wins an award; Save ticket stub when you attend a game; Write to favorite teams or player.
- These big-headed stars belong on the shelf. Shuck, Barry // Football Digest;Nov97, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the fascination with sports action figures. Entry into the sports collectible market by Corinthian Marketing Incorporated based in England; Comparison of sales made between the sports figures of soccer players on the English Premier League and the sale of other action figures;...
- Shopping list. O'Brien, Richard; McCallum, Jack // Sports Illustrated;4/25/94, Vol. 80 Issue 16, p11
Lists some of the licensed merchandise available through pro sports catalogs. NBA team broom; NHL toothbrush with puck holder; Interactive team storybooks; Other items.
- Scandalabilia. Wolff, Alexander; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;11/21/94, Vol. 81 Issue 21, p14
Announces Leland's, a Manhattan collectibles dealer, putting $2-million worth of sports memorabilia on the auction block and that several of the lots are souvenirs of far more dubious people or moments in sports history. 1919 Black Sox World Series ticket; June 12, 1994, dance recital ticket...
- This week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us. Wolff, Alexander; Stone, Christian // Sports Illustrated;5/15/95, Vol. 82 Issue 19, p24
Advises that for $75 a sports memorabilia company in New Jersey has sold what it bills as yarmulkes signed by Sandy Koufax.
- BECKETT SHOW CALENDAR. // Beckett Sports Card Monthly;Feb2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, following p171
A calendar of events related to sports collectibles for several countries including Illinois, Missouri and New York in February 2013 is presented.
- What is a card worth? Johnson, Jay // Boys' Life;Jun93, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p55
Discusses sports card collecting and why some cards cost so much. Basic information about the card; The card market; Card supply; Card demand; Condition of cards; Sentimental value of cards.