BARE FOOT YOUR SOUL
- Vibram's New Team Shakes Things Up. BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;Mar2013, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the expansion of footwear firm Vibram SpA into untapped footwear categories globally.
- OUTDOOR: BUZZ. // FN: Footwear News;1/31/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p75
The article offers information on recent developments related to footwear industry. Keen Footwear will debut a patent-pending insulation technology, Keen Warm Heat Trapolater. The footwear brand Vibram SpA will take its FiveFingers product into the casual market with new leisure styles in 2011....
- MERRELL MOVES INTO BAREFOOT. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p15
The article informs that Vibram SpA and Merrel are collaborating on an exclusive outsole design that will help in adaptability and multi-directional movement. Jim Zwiers, president of Wolverine World Wide's Outdoor Group Merrell, said that Vibram has had success with the Vibram Five Fingers,...
- Ontogeny of two-point discrimination for fingers and toes in children (ages 7 through 15 years). Richards, P.M.; Persinger, M.A. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun98 Part 1, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p1259
Investigates accuracies of two-point discriminations for the middle fingers and the middle toes for children, from ages 7 to 15 years. What has been attributed to the primary differences in digital flexibility between forelimbs and hindlimbs; What tactile discrimination is based on.
- The body elastic. Allen, Laura // Science World;02/07/97, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p9
Provides information on how some people can bend their bodies into seemingly impossible positions. Feats of performers Nomin Tseveendorf and Ulzibayar Chimed from Mongolia, members of Canadian circus Cirque du Soleil; Flexibility of the range of motion of people with elastic body. INSET: Were...
- Double-jointed people make better music. // Current Science;1/14/94, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p14
Discusses a study which relates a person's double jointedness to musical ability. Percent double jointedness among American naval officers.
- What you need to know about flexibility. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Jan98, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p46
Examines flexibility, and its relation to aging. How is flexibility determined; Outline of some of the myths associated with flexibility; Probability that flexibility can prevent injury.
- PL-RR-327-F. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS105
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `The Effect of Time and Frequency of Static Stretch on Flexibility of the Hamstring Muscles,' by W.D. Bandy, J.M. Irion et al, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- PL-RR-328-F. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS105
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `Comparison of Static Stretch and Dynamic Range of Motion on the Effects of Hamstring Flexibility,' by W.D. Bandy, J.M. Irion et al, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.