ASICS CORP OPENS FIRST U.S. STORE
- Asics America Expanding Headquarters in Irvine Spectrum. Lee, Jessica C. // Orange County Business Journal;8/4/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p4
The article reports on the headquarter expansion of Asics America Corp. in Irvine, California. To accommodate more space due to the growing operations, the American athletic shoe and apparel maker signed a lease for a 50,000-square-foot building located at 29 Parker, an area owned by The Irvine...
- INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING MERGERS AND ACQUISITION VALUE SEES STRONGEST START IN FOUR YEARS. // Quality;Jul2015, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the strong start in 2015 of the acquisition and merger of industrial manufacturing since after four years based on the quarterly analysis Assembling Value by professional services company PwC U.S.
- Asics To Buy Outdoor Products Firm HaglÃ¶fs. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/13/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 8, p14
The article reports that Asics Corp. has agreed to purchase from private equity company Ratos AB, the Swedish outdoor products company HaglÃ¶fs for 133.4 million dollars. It reports on Asics Corp. looking for mergers and acquisitions opportunities to boost or supplement its existing business....
- Asics Sues Skechers for Patent Infringement. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;2/22/2007, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by ASICS America Corp. and ASICS Corp. Japan in the California Central District Court against Skechers USA Inc. for patent infringement. ASICS is seeking a permanent injunction against Sketchers to prevent any future sales and distribution of shoes that...
- ON DEADLINE. // FN: Footwear News;11/27/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 47, preceding p2
The article offers updates on the footwear industry. Asics America Corp. and Asics Corp. Japan have filed two lawsuits to prevent sales and distribution of shoes with a stripe design that allegedly resembles the signature Asics stripes. The first lawsuit is against Target Corp. and Mossimo Inc....
- Asics America Enters New Arena With Branded Retail. HAMANAKA, KARI // Orange County Business Journal;10/28/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that athletic shoe maker Asics America Corp. in Irvin, California has engaged in new arena through branded retailing in the East and West coasts of the U.S. particularly in New York. Kevin Wulff., chief executive of Asics, says that they will have additional stores in New...
- Asics loses case against Skechers. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;May/Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Skechers USA Inc., a U.S.-based lifestyle footwear company, has won the lawsuit filed against it by Asics Corp. and Asics America Corp. Skechers was sued by Asics for trademark infringement, unfair competition, trademark dilution and false advertising. Asics claimed that...
- TIME TO GO BARGAIN HUNTING? McAleese, Tom // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p26
Advises companies aiming to expand to consider acquisition as a strategy. Description of a situation where acquisition may be an option; Factors which may influence businesses to refrain from acquisition opportunities.
- A Note to Our Readers. Peak, Martha H. // Management Review;Nov89, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p2
Editorial. Discusses the use of merger and acquisition (M&A) strategies by companies as an early-growth mechanism. Purchasers' source of fund; Executives who accept the risks of M&A; Financial risks involved in M&A.