TSA'S DOUG MORTON TO RETIRE FROM CEO POST
- FATHER KNOWS BEST. Sullivan, Mark; Ryan, Thomas J.; Leand, Judy // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p51
Interviews several executives in the sporting goods industry about the lessons learned from their fathers. Doug Morton of the Sports Authority; Ed Stack of Dick's Sporting Goods; Jimmy Chick of Chick's Sporting Goods.
- Active Up for an '05 Encore. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;1/31/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p10
Present an outlook for the active and sports apparel industry in the U.S. in 2005. Increase in the sales of active apparel in 2004 according to Tom Cove, incoming president of SGMA International; Views of Doug Morton, chief operating officer of The Sports Authority, on the Under Armour brand;...
- The Sports Authority at 20 has Gart legacy, bright future. Troy, Mike // Retailing Today;10/22/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 16, p27
The article reports on the marketing strategy launched by Sports Authority Inc. in the U.S. Chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Doug Morton expresses that the campaign will improve the operations of its stores which represent material investment for the company. It announces that it will...
- In Brief. // FN: Footwear News;10/19/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 40, p2
The article offers news briefs related to career developments in the U.S. Doug Morton has resigned as chief executive officer (CEO) at Sports Authority Inc. but remains chairman of the company. Executives David Campisi, Tom Hendrickson and Greg Waters will take over as CEO until Herbert Mines...
- Questioning Authority. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;8/2/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 30, p18
Interviews Doug Morton, CEO of sporting goods chain Sports Authority. Role of the company in the growth of the retail sporting goods industry; Impact of the merger of the company with Gart Sports on its customer base; Expansion plans of Sports Authority.
- Pay Day: Footwear's Highest-Paid Execs. // FN: Footwear News;9/20/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 37, p22
Presents a list of the top highest-paid executives in the footwear industry in 2003. Matt Serra of Foot Locker; Doug Morton of The Sports Authority; Mark Lemond of Shoe Carnival.
- Planning for your golden years. Barnes, R. // Black Enterprise;Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p64
Stresses the importance of careful retirement planning, particularly for those of the Baby Boomer generation. Changing image of the traditional employer-sponsored retirement plan combined with Social Security; Shifts toward employee contribution plans and self-reliance; Calculating future...
- Think before you leap. Harris, A.S. // Black Enterprise;Dec90, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p6 0
Surveys several common early retirement plans. Why they have become increasingly popular among companies; Points to consider if offered early retirement; Pros and cons of early retirement; Life after retirement.
- The Evolution of Retirement Practices. // Congressional Digest;Nov82, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p260
Focuses on the changes in retirement practices and policies in the United States from the 1930s to the 1980s. Enactment of the Old Age and Survivors Insurance Act into law in 1935; Increase in the development of private pension plans in the 1940s.