OIA & SPORTSONESOURCE TO LAUNCH NEW RETAIL POINT-OF-SALE REPORTING PLATFORM
- OIA VantagePoint LAUNCHES AT OUTDOOR RETAILER WINTER MARKET. // SGB;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p16
The article evaluates the OIA VantagePointâ„¢, a retail point-of-sale tracking system, developed by SportsOneSource Group.
- Collecting customer data is not doing skunk work for the CIA! DiModica, Paul // Automatic I.D. News;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p82
Comments on the need for the retail industry to become more responsible in using point-of-sale systems in collecting customer-related data. Importance of communicating data security measures observed by retailers to protect consumers' privacy; Responsibility of data sellers to maintain...
- Retailers check in on self-checkout. // Chain Store Age;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p129
Reports on consumer acceptance of self-checkout systems in the retail industry in the United States. Shaw's Supermarkets Inc.'s testing of the U-Scan Express checkout system at its Dairy, New Hampshire store; Advantages of using self-checkout systems; Other retailers who are testing their own...
- Grocery Technology Advancing, FMI Says. // Chain Store Age;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p66
Reveals some findings of a survey on the readiness of U.S. supermarket retailers for the deadline for North American retailers to be capable of handling the 13-digit European Article Number (EAN) at point-of-sale (POS) in their databases. Percentage of stores that are already capable of...
- UPOS Spec may supersede JavaPOS and OPOS. // Chain Store Age;Aug98, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p68
Reports on technology vendors and retailers' plan to develop a single interface standard for point-of-sale (POS) peripherals. Unofficial dubbing of the standard as `universal POS' (UPOS); Impact of the standard's development and application on the retail industry; Possible effect of the UPOS...
- Systems and cents. Nunnery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Feb99, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p43
Reports that retailers in the United States continue to upgrade systems and expand applications portfolios. Findings of a 1998 poll of technology executives; Results of a poll of retail companies; Figures on the average age point-of-sale (POS) systems; Reasons retailers are investing in POS...
- POV on POS. Clark, Richard // American Nurseryman;7/15/2001, Vol. 194 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the use of point-of-sale (POS) system in retail operations in the United States. Efficiency of POS system in increasing sales through marketing programs; Factors to consider in the deployment of the POS system; Reasons for adopting POS system.
- SaaS. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p19
The article offers information on the advanced point-of-sale systems (POS) purchasing channels in 2010, in which vendors will begin to promote an arrangement that does not require retailers to purchase any software.
- The future of EPOS: What's in store.... // Accountancy;Oct88, Vol. 102 Issue 1142, p155
Discusses key issues relevant to the use of electronic systems in retailing in Great Britain. Key features of electronic retailing systems; Impact on business; Policy implications on marketing.