New Mexico County's Deficit Doesn't Concern Analysts
- As Wayne County's budget woes percolate, more trouble Predicted. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;8/23/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p6
The article informs that Wayne County, Michigan, is facing a multimillion dollar accumulated budget deficit and now a court battle is going over budget cut. According to Willie Mayo, the county's legislative auditor general, since fiscal 2003 the county has been deficit spending and it was using...
- Nassau County Officials Fighting for Fiscal Independence. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p3
Reports that officials of Nassau County, New York will again meet at a state's oversight board on October 26, 2001 to discuss about balancing the County's budget for 2002. Proposal presented by officials to cut gap in the budget in the previous meeting held on October 23, 2001; Ways to utilize...
- Nassau County Budget Relies on Risky Assumptions, Oversight Board Says. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/30/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33392, p4
The article reports that the proposed 2011 budget of Nassau County in New York is not balanced due to risky assumptions.
- County budget to be voted on this Thursday. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the proposed county budget to be discussed in a meeting in Donley County, Texas.
- Assistance tax shows how much the state is shifting to the county. Valadez, Ram�n // Inside Tucson Business;5/20/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p26
In this article the author discusses the recommended budget in Pima County, Arizona for fiscal year 2011-2012 that contains a state assistance tax which is equal to cost shifts enforced by the Arizona Legislature on the county to balance the state budget.
- Buda budget still in works. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/8/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p2A
The article reports that the budget season for Buda, Texas for the fiscal year 2007-2008 is in full swing where it proposed a one cent tax increase of up to 17.7 cents per $100 of property valuation.
- Kent County 2011 budget appears to be balanced. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/11/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p3
This article focuses on the proposed budget and revenue-sharing payment in Kent County, Michigan for 2011.
- Staff, service cuts expected in new county budget. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;6/26/95, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the plans of San Diego county officials to adopt a budget plan involving staff cuts and service reductions for the 1995 fiscal budget as a result of declining revenues. Declining property taxes; Fewer election polling places; Restricted use of wilderness parks; Schedule of public...
- Federal budget surplus estimates continue to rise; debate heats up on how best to spend new... // LP/Gas;May98, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p8
States that federal budget surplus continue to rise according to estimates. Examination of the strong increases being generated in tax receipts; Details on income tax payments; Information on the work being done on social security by President of the United States, Bill Clinton.