Wisconsin House, Senate Likely to Spar Over Budget Propositions
- Re-visiting the Field: Assessing PB2 in Florida 10 Years Later. Berry, Fran; VanLandingham, Gary // PA Times;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the enactment of the performance-based budgeting (PB2) in Florida. Usefulness of PB2 as accountability tool; key components of Florida's system; Assessment of budget recommendations.
- Arkansas Special Session Discussing Variety of Budget Patches. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p29
Focuses on the discussion about state budget in a special legislative session in Arkansas. Share in the master settlement agreement with tobacco companies; Part of Medicaid program on state general fund appropriations; Amount of merit bonuses for state employees.
- Special Session Looms in Arizona as Budget Crisis Worsens. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p5
Reports the call of Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull for a special session in state budget. Plan of the legislators on public finance; Decrease on the budget of health and welfare programs; Percentage cut of education budget; Decline of the sales tax in the state.
- Steel welts. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/15/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p4
In this article the author discusses the lack of attention given by lawmakers to New York's budget.
- Budget hole brings tax-hike whispers. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;1/27/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the discussion among legislators in Michigan to address a projected shortfall in the fiscal-2004 general fund budget. Time given by the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments to governor Jennifer Granholm for exploring solutions to the problem; Solutions that might be considered;...
- Present Procedures For Considering The Budget. // Congressional Digest;Mar1976, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p69
Focuses on the procedure for the legislative consideration of the proposed budget by the president in the U.S. Income and expenditure levels for Federal trust funds; Resolutions bringing the spending and revenue targets into line with economic and fiscal developments.
- Colorado Budget a Breeze As Bipartisanship Reigns. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/23/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33701, p4
The article offers information on the lawmakers of Colorado, who try to resolute conflict between the House and the Senate over the budget.
- Virginia Senate Passes $1.4 Billion Debt Package for Higher Education. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p1
Reports on the unanimous approval of a legislation by the Virginia Senate, to authorize the issuance of multibillion dollars in tax-exempt debt as a part of a bond package. Sponsor of the package; Plans included in the proposed package; Budget shortfall faced by the state.
- With unexpected revenue, sedate session unlikely. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/12/98, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p11
Predicts the rise in legislation activities in the Indiana General Assembly due to the unexpected increase in state surplus. House Republicans' appeal for more permanent tax relief; Opposition to the tax relief proposals; Other legislators' call for temporary tax relief.
- No more free lunch or free vote for state's Republican legislators. McNeely, Dave // East Bernard Express (TX);1/13/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p4
The article offers the author's view on the budget dillema faced by the Republican legislators of Texas.