Groups Call for Lifting Arbitrage Rules on Water SRFs
- Houghton: Exempt SRF Bonds From Arbitrage. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31227, p4
Reports the exemption of State Revolving Funds (SRF) bonds from arbitrage in New York. Examination on the validity of exempting SRF bonds from arbitrage; Role of Representative Amo Houghton in the move of exempting SRF from arbitrage; Details on the environmental goals of the SRF program.
- Scope of eligibility for loan fund broadened. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the expansion of the scope for eligibility for Salt Lake County, Utah's Revolving Loan Fund. Financial benefits of the fund for companies wishing to expand; Amount availability for qualified businesses; Preference for well-paying stable jobs.
- City of Orem, Utah's revolving loan fund. Gudmundson, Karen L. // Economic Development Review;Spring96, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the Orem Revolving Loan Fund in Utah. Use of the fund to grow the proprietary product and manufacturing oriented companies in the city's business base; Economic development goals; Evaluation of the program's effectiveness in fulfilling the goals; Benefits derived by the economy from...
- County loan fund expands service area. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/01/97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the expansion of the Salt Lake County Revolving Loan Fund's service area to include all of Salt Lake County with the exception of Salt Lake City, West Valley City and Sandy.
- Rangel to unveil $50,000 revolving Investment Fund. // New York Amsterdam News;02/15/97, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the scheduled date of press conference by Charles B. Rangel, architect of the Empowerment Zone legislation and Derrick D. Cephas, chairman of the Board of the Business and Resource and Investment Service Center (BRISC), New York City, to announce the establishment of a revolving BRISC...
- State Sells GOs for Schools. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/14/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33299, p7
The article announces that the state of Michigan is selling 60 million dollars of taxable general obligation school loan bonds in order to finance a deposit in the state's school loan revolving fund.
- GFOA reports arbitrage costs. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30637, p5
Reveals the results of a survey by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) and the National Association of Counties in the United States on the cost to localities of compliance to federal arbitrage restrictions. Average amount spent by localities annually; Comments from Bert...
- Borrowing for Brownfields. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30655, p1
Focuses on proposals from state governments in the United States to borrow from state revolving funds (SRF) to finance cleanup projects for brownfields. Loan applications for municipality cleanup received in New Mexico and Wisconsin; Benefits of expanding SRF loans according to state officials.
- Water SRF would get $2 billion from House. Kinnander, Ola; Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30437, p5
Reports on the debate on appropriations bill for funding of clean water and drinking water site revolving loan funds for 1999. Threat of a veto; Spending proposal details; Public housing reform legislation incorporation.