Pacific Genesis Forced to Pull Application for Florida License
- Troubled Pacific Genesis Forced Out of Two More States. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31197, p4
Reports the withdrawal of the application of Pacific Genesis Group Inc. for a broker-dealer license in California. Reasons for the withdrawal; Cancellation of the firm's broker-dealer license by the California Department of Corporations; History of the problems of the firm.
- Pacific Genesis Brief Argues SEC Fraud Suit Has No Merit. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p1
Reports on Pacific Genesis Corp.'s filing of a brief with the United States District Court in San Francisco, California, to contest the securities fraud charges filed against it by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Pacific Genesis' argument that it gave full disclosure on the...
- Judge Proposes Injunction in Pacific Genesis Case. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p48
Discloses that a United States District Court judge's proposed permanent injunction would order David Fitzgerald and Pacific Genesis Group to return a certain amount to investors participating in the ninth bond offering for a southern California land-backed deal the company underwrote.
- NASD fines Pacific Genesis $35,000 for violating registration rules, laws. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p40
Reports that the National Association of Securities Dealers censured and fined Pacific Genesis Group Inc. and three principals of the firm for charging unreasonable markups on municipal securities and allowing unregistered individuals to act as brokers. Amount of the fine imposed on the firm;...
- Pacific Genesis Fights to Keep NASD and California Licenses. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31108, p1
Reports on Pacific Genesis Group Inc.'s fight to keep the National Association of Securities Dealers from revoking its broker-dealer license. Petitioning of the Sacramento County Superior Court to reverse the California Department of Corporation's revocation of its state license; Implications...
- Pacific Genesis Reaches Tentative Deal With SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p4
Reports on a tentative agreement reached upon by lawyers from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) enforcement division and attorneys representing former Almeda, California broker and dealer Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Basis of the lawsuit filed against the firm; Need for the...
- Pacific Genesis trades bonds before winning competitive sale. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;12/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30798, p1
Focuses on alleged violations by Pacific Genesis Group of rules by the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Practice of trading before receiving an award on a competitive sale; Need for the buyer to rely on the seller to assure they win the deal; Winning bid for bonds of the...
- Federal Judge Sets Trial Date for SEC's Case Against Pacific Genesis. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31061, p4
Reports the fraud case against Pacific Genesis Group in the United States. Establishment of the trial date; Allegations of the Securities and Exchange Commission against the company; Omission of information regarding risk involving the deal.
- Fitzgerald Defends Pacific Genesis During Questioning. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p43
Reports on Pacific Genesis Group Chairman David Fitzgerald's defense of his company's record of disclosure to prospective bond holders in his testimony before the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's securities fraud case against him and his firm. Highlights of Fitzgerald's second...