Northwest Power Provider Will Not Raise Rates as High as Predicted
- BPA to bump rates 46 percent. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 15, pA2
Reports on Portland, Oregon-based Bonneville Power Administration's electric rate increase, effective October 1, 2001.
- Rate proposals. // Electrical World;Nov96, Vol. 210 Issue 11, p12
Details the rate proposals by Nevada Power Co. and Bonneville Power Administration. Nevada Power's filing of a $4-million deferred energy rate reduction; Bonneville Power's wholesale electricity and transmission rates.
- Electric rate hikes could ignite economic perfect storm. Brunell, Don C. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, pA15
Comments on the significance of the possible increase of electric costs on the economy in Wenatchee, Washington. Elimination of the competitive advantage of the region; Impact of increasing energy costs on industrial customers; Estimated jobs that could be lost resulting from the proposed...
- Power hungry. Kriz, Margaret // National Journal;3/8/97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p448
Focuses on the possible deregulation of the federal Bonneville Power Administration in the Pacific Northwest. Proposal of Pacific Northwest governors' panel on the retail electric revenues; Protest of environmentalist and native American leaders on the plan; Need for a solution that satisfy not...
- Web site offers energy efficiency venue. Cissna, Tami // Electric Light & Power;Jul98, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p18
Reports that the Bonneville Power Administration has created an online service, the Northwest Energy Efficiency Business Listing.
- Skeptics weigh in as Northwest power agency braces for deregulation. Eurich, Heather J. // Bond Buyer;07/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30184, p5
Reveals the plan of Pacific Northwest officials to prepare the Bonneville Power Administration to compete in a deregulated electric market. Concerns on the administration's repayment of its debt to the US Treasury; Plans on the separation of the agency's marketing and transmission functions.
- Buying up Bonneville. Marois, Michael B.; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p1
Reports on the plan of four Pacific Northwest states to buy the Bonneville Power Administration. Building of consensus with local political leaders; Need for the inclusion of provisions for the payment of the agency's debts.
- Newslines REGIONAL. // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb2002, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p68
Presents news briefs on fishing and eel-grass planting in the United States as of January 2002. Lawsuit filed against the Bonneville Power Administration (PBA) for cancelling the distribution of water needed by migrating salmon in the Northwest; Details of a study conducted by the Gulf Coast...
- BPA Wants To Refund WPPSS Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30951, p1
Reports on the plan of the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) to refund the debt of the Washington Public Power Supply System (WPPSS). Cuts int he debt and service cost of WPPSS; Plan of BPA to sell refunding bonds.