Financial Emergency Looms in Florida City
- Cash-Strapped Massachusetts Pares Down Spending in 2003. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p4
Reports the plans to reduce government budget for the year 2003 in Massachusetts. Areas subjected to budget reduction; Role of the House and Senate in the approval of the final budget; Efforts of the House budget in solving the fiscal crisis .
- Hackney pleads for help. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;11/10/2000, p6
Reports that the London Borough of Hackney is waiting to hear if the government will accept its financial recovery plan and help pull it back from the brink of the precipice. Recovery plan drawn up by managing director Max Caller; Hackney's projected budget deficit.
- A tough ascent. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;12/11/2009, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on British Chancellor Alistair Darling's Pre-Budget Report, one by Toney Travers on war, terrorism and financial crisis and on the launch of the inspection website Oneplace.
- Ryan: House to Have Solution For Puerto Rico By End of March. Casey, Jack // Bondbuyer.com;12/16/2015, p1
House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said on Wednesday night that he is instructing all House committees that have jurisdiction over Puerto Rico to work with commonwealth officials to come up with a "responsible solution" for their fiscal and debt crises by the end of March.
- OPEBs Putting Milwaukee County at Serious Risk, Report Says. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p4
The article reports on the financial crisis facing Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. It highlights a report from the Wisconsin Public Research Institute which reveals that the financial crisis could lead to insolvency as soon as 2007 when the county will have to account for an additional $40 million...
- Careful Where You Cut. Anderson, Larry // Government Security;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p4
The author focuses on the shortfalls in government revenues in the U.S. It notes that government revenues at the federal, state and local levels decline along with the decline of the economy. It mentions that the city of Atlanta in Georgia is considering to cut 25% from its budget to address...
- Beyond the crisis. Optimism in research. Torricelli, Maria Chiara // TECHNE: Journal of Technology for Architecture & Environment;2011, Vol. 1, p12
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses reports within the issue on topics including public finance, financial crisis and social housing.
- Dubai must move beyond the hype. Rogers, Danny // PRWeek (London);12/4/2009, p12
The author reflects on the financial crises faced by Dubai, United Arab Emirates which was aggravated by poor communication. He asserts the communicators in the region must reassess their work. He observes that Dubai authorities have been spending to much on promotion and hype but are not...
- Sequester semester. BLAKELY, Doc // East Bernard Express (TX);4/ 4/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 14, pA4
The article offers the author's insights on the use of sequester to measure the financial cliff in Texas.