Bond Plan to Close Michigan's Deficit Stopped by Panel
- Connecticut Caps Off Fiscal Year With $324 Million GO Sale. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p5
Reports the selling of the general obligation bond in the state of Connecticut. Problem in dealing the reserve funds for additional revenues; Deficit of the state on public financing; Amount of the outstanding debt of the state.
- Massachusetts' $250 million issue may help balance debt payments. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;02/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30585, p30
Reports on Massachusetts' issuance of general obligation bonds on February 24, 1999. Comparative bidding of bonds; Bonds as part of the commonwealth's routine issuance for its annual capital plan; Maturities of the bonds; Value of the state's refunded debt; Other issuance activity coming from...
- Texas Public Finance Authority Heads Back to Market for $375 Million Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p3
Reports on the sale of fixed-rate general obligation bonds by the Texas Public Finance Authority. Benefits of the sale to the state economy; Ratings assigned to the bonds by various rating agencies; Entities involved in the bond sale.
- Latest Stem-Cell Debate in California: To Tax or Not to Tax the Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p36
Reports on the debate whether California should issue taxable or tax-exempt bonds intended for stem cell research. Tendency for royalty or license agreements that generate for the state to effect the status of the bonds; Criticisms on the establishment of the California Institute for...
- Miami-Dade Authority to Price Deal, Terminate 3 Swaps Today. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32460, p3
The article reports on the plans of the Miami-Dade County Expressway Authority of South Florida to manage their debts by pricing $ 300 million worth of toll system revenue bonds and the termination of three interest rate swaps with different lending companies. The proceeds of the bonds will be...
- Bluegrass RFPs on the way. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30585, p1
Reports on the state of Kentucky's preparation of requests for proposals for its planned debt issue in 1999. Plan to select a pool of bankers who will serve individual agencies for one to two years; Estimated size of the debt issue; Proposed use of proceeds for post-secondary education and...
- Washington looks to refund $624 million. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30585, p2
Reports on Washington State's plan to sell general obligation (GO) refunding bonds and motor vehicle fuel tax GO refunding bonds as early as March 2, 1999. Consideration of a plan to expand a convention and trade center in Seattle; Decline in the state's interest rates.
- Oklahoma. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p70S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Oklahoma. Assistance offered to issuers in the state bond application process; Construction and maintenance of highways and bridges; Provision of general services to state agencies; Income of the tobacco settlement; Needs for water infrastructure.
- In illinois, No Accord Yet on Plans for New Capital Spending. Shields, Yvetre // Bond Buyer;4/10/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32357, p6
The article reports on the failure of Illinois state lawmakers to reach an agreement for a new capital spending that would generate revenue sources used to pay the state's borrowings. The Senate Republican minority rejected a multibillion dollar borrowing plan. Lawmakers were disappointed...