Chicago School Reformer Stepping Down After Six Years at Helm
- Vallas deserved better than a long goodbye. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;06/11/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the contributions of Paul Vallas as chief executive officer of the Chicago Public Schools. Reasons for the resignation of Vallas as chief executive officer.
- School's Paul Vallas heads CEO class. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/20/98, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p3
Focuses on Paul Vallas, chief executive officer of the Chicago Public Schools (CPS). How the CPS is viewed by the public; Details on how Vallas turned CPS around.
- ARAB AMERICANS HONOR FORMER PUBLIC SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENT PAUL VALLAS. Szremski, Kristin // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p89
Reports the tribute of former chief executive officer of the Chicago Public School system Paul Vallas by the American Educational Council. Retirement of Vallas for the Democratic gubernatorial campaign; Speech of president of the Mosque Foundation Basam Jody; Comments of Vallas to the...
- FROM LEGISLATIVE STAFFER TO BIG CITY SCHOOL CEO. Jones, Rich // State Legislatures;Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p24
Features Paul Vallas, CEO of Phildalephia schools in Pennsylvania. Promotions of Vallas from a legislative staffer to a school CEO; Transformation of Chicago public schools in Illinois under his leadership as CEO.
- The secret to school reform is reviving neighborhoods. Nowlan, James D. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/25/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p11
Reports on the efforts of Chicago Public Schools chief executive officer Paul Vallas to transform the values and expectations of most neighborhoods relating to education. Effectiveness of Vallas' school reform efforts; Description of the city's public school system.
- Chicago Public Schools. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;06/16/97, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p42
Reports that the chief executive officer (CEO) of the Chicago Public Schools organization in Illinois, Paul Vallas has ordered `reconstitution' for seven city schools, forcing all staffers at each school to re-apply for the existing jobs. Motive behind the reconstitution decisions; Number of...
- State lawmakers should pass Vallas' bonding plan. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p10
Examines the need to Illinois state lawmakers to pass the proposal of Chicago Public Schools chief executive Paul Vallas to issue bonds for school construction. Necessity of constructing and renovating schools in the area.
- VALLAS TO STAY IN PHILADELPHIA. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
This article reveals that the School Reform Commission that governs the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania public schools voted 3-2 last week to extend the contract of Chief Executive Officer Paul G. Vallas by three years. Vallas, who has managed the district for four years, will be paid $275,000 a...
- Phila. District Cleans House To Improve Teacher Hiring. Gehring, John // Education Week;1/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that the Philadelphia school district is overhauling its human-resources department in an effort to improve hiring practices and address complaints that inefficiency has hurt teacher recruitment. The 208,000-student district has removed the department's top four managers, and...