Treasury Fall Halts Munis' Rise; $525 Million L.A. Deal Dominates
- Michigan to Start School Loan Revolving Fund. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/9/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32603, p1
The article reports on the plan of Michigan to create a self-sustaining revolving fund to finance new loans to school districts. The measure is designed to help in covering the general obligation debt service, that ease out the burden off the state's general obligation pledge. In a tentative...
- Turnaround Prompts Upgrade for California School District. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;4/20/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34497, p26
The article reports on the improvement in the finances of the San Ysidro School District in San Diego, California. Topics covered include Fitch Ratings Inc.'s upgrading of the ratings of the school district's certifications of participation and general obligation bonds, the expected surplus in...
- Extra insurance pays off for Michigan schools. Keeton, Ann // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p2
Reports on the sale by the Rochester, Michigan, School District of $100.6 million of general obligation unlimited-tax school building and site bonds.
- May Ballots. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p33
Reports on the call from school districts, cities and special districts for voters approval of bond measures in Oregon. Value of general obligation bonds for the renovation of instructional facilities; Use of the bond proceeds; Percentage of likely voters to approve the bond measure.
- Unimaginable Arrogance. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/9/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the Comal Independent School District's $75 million bond package that would be spent on athletics and non-academic items.
- OKLAHOMA: Tulsa Schools Eye Tech Bond. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33831, p7
The article informs that Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 of Oklahoma is seeking for the authorization of a general obligation bond associated with the education technology.
- TEXAS: Three ISDs Plan GO Votes. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports that several school districts in Texas are looking for approval of their general obligation bond packages during the election on May 8, 2010.
- Moody's affirms Texas school ratings despite tier two funding questions. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p32
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's affirmation of its ratings for bonds issued by Texas school districts as of June 17, 1999. Focus on the debate over credit provisions of a government program designed to support the debt.
- Louisiana's bond commission approves taxing plan for Baton Rouge schools. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p2
Reports that Louisiana's State Bond Commission signed off on a taxing plan for the East Baton Rouge Parish School District that will back more bonds than previously anticipated. Estimated debt; Background information on the parish's capital plan; Voters' reactions to school bonds.