NEWS IN BRIEF
- News in brief. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;07/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30679, p2
Presents news on relevant to the bond market in the United States for July 9, 1999. Includes the confidence of Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers on the national economic growth in 1999; Increased consumer credit for May; Decline of unemployment insurance claims for the first quarter.
- Yields Up Three to Four Basis Points; New-Issue Debt Exceeds $1.4 Billion. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2003. Increase of the municipal bond yields; Increase of applications for state unemployment benefits; Growth in cash bond yields.
- Credit Calendar. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p37
Reports on the activities of the bond market in the U.S. Auction of 91-day and 182-day discount bills by the Treasury Department; Number of jobless claims announced by the Labor Department; Level of import and export price.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of August 2002. Increase in import price index; Inventories of merchant wholesalers; Growth of consumer credit.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sigo, Shelly; Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p2
Presents news items related to the U.S. bond market as of May 23, 2003. Rise in applications for unemployment benefits in the week that ended on May 17, 2003; Delay in approval of a budget by the Florida Legislature; Possibility of Greenwich, Connecticut-based Boys and Girls Club's emergence in...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31241, p2
Reports several developments related to bond industry in the United States as of October 2001. Decline of inventories of merchant wholesalers; Necessity of sustained consumer and business confidence for economic recovery; Percentage rate of yields gained by the Treasury Indexed Bonds.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Reduction in the applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in the import price index; Inventories of merchant wholesalers.
- State back to bond market. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p4
Under a proposal ready to go out for bid in the next few weeks, the state of Illinois would borrow hundreds of millions of dollars to increase the unemployment insurance (UI) fund. As is typical during an economic downturn, the fund has been in loss and has been forced to borrow money from the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Kinnander, Ola; Vekshin, Alison; Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p2
Reports economic developments in th United States as of August 2001. Increase in personal income and spending as reported by the Commerce Department; Decline in the application for state unemployment benefits; Rise in retail sales through electronic commerce.