The Pursuit of Power
- Milwaukee to sell last debt for water-treatment plant. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30514, p32
Focuses on plans for issuing bonds to fund a waste-water treatment system in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Installation of an ozonation facility to treat contamination of the cryptosporidium parasite; Value and terms of the issue.
- Tenders. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/4/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 44, p50
Presents information on business opportunities in the Middle East as of November 2005. Establishment of steel making plant in Iran; Power station consultancy services in Iraq; Construction of wastewater plant in Lebanon.
- Little Rock Wastewater Utility to Clean Up With $64.9 Million Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p6
The article reports that water discharged by the Little Rock Wastewater Utility into the Arkansas River should be cleaner with the completion of facilities to be financed by the sale of $64.9 million of sewer construction revenue bonds. James Barham, manager of finance and administration for the...
- Ann Arbor Wastewater Bid. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/14/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33679, p7
The article reports on the planned issuance of 120 million U.S. dollars worth of revenue bonds intended for the overhaul of its wastewater system in 2012 in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;5/24/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32636, p35
A list of defeated and approved bonds for sale in the U.S. in May 2007 is presented. Approved issuances include Glendale, Arizona's $102,638,000 and $79,065,000 bonds for public safety and improvements to streets and parking, respectively; $4,500,000 bond for the acquisition and improvements to...
- Sewage Plant Stink. Watts, Jimm // Bond Buyer;5/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32124, p31
The article reports that Pima County, Arizona has spent more than US$18 million to eliminate odors from its Roger Road sewage treatment plant during the last 20 years, but the stink remains. County officials said it would cost US$14 million more and take another four to five years to fix the...
- California Power Agency Readies First Three Offerings. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p44
Reports the bond financing plans of California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Approval of the agreement to construct and operate power plant; Issuance of tax-exempt industrial development bonds; Plan to re-market the bonds.
- Peach State Power Play. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia to sell revenue bonds. Inclusion of the fixed rate bonds in the sale; Importance of the proceeds in the power plant projects; View of investors on the sale.
- South Carolina Agency to Issue $325M for Santee Cooper Plant. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p1
Reports the plan of the South Carolina Public Service Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds to finance the Santee Cooper power plant in South Carolina. Details on the mode of the bond; Influence of the market condition on the amount of the deal; Information on the financial adviser.