- Detroit's school board narrows CEO search. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p6
Reports on the Detroit Public Schools reform board of education's scheduled public meetings to screen potential chief executive officer candidates. List of persons to be interviewed; Final selection on December 15, 1999.
- Bond Systems Strive for Full Capacity. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;9/17/2001-9/24/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 37/38, p6
Reports developments on bond markets systems in the United States as of September 2001. Restoration of the key clearinghouses of Garban-Intercapital; Selection of Howard W. Lutnick as board of directors and management team member; Occurrence of market trades over Market Axess.
- ARKANSAS: Pine Bluff SD Shrinks Gap. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/26/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32658, p9
The article reports that Pine Bluff School District No. 3 trustees in Arkansas have learned that they will face a deficit of up to $1 million in 2007, which is lower that projected. In February 2006, voters approved a $29.4 million bond issue for a plan to reduce the district's campuses from 15...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;5/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32125, p35
The article reports on the Midwest U.S. bond market. According to a report issued this week by Standard & Poor's, the majority of the state's school districts saw little change in their ratings in 2004 and through early this year despite widespread reports of fiscal distress. It is reported that...
- Spokane Public Schools to hire 51 teachers early. Valencia, Jessica // Journal of Business (10756124);2/28/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 5, pA6
The article reports that the Spokane Public Schools district in Washington is expected to hold an early round of hiring beginning March 1, 2013 to fill a number of full-time teaching positions for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- READERS REPLY. MOLES, JACK; GONZALEZ-ALCANTAR, DALINDA; HUMBERT, RITA // School Administrator;Jan2013, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "What We Learned in Rebuilding Our Offices," by Stephen Joel in the October 2012 issue, Cody Cunningham's article on school district applications in the September 2012 issue, and "Hiring for...
- Texas School District Prepares $137M Construction Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p6
Reports on the plans of Irving Independent School District in Irving, Texas to offer $137 million of bond deal to finance a construction program and refund $6 million of outstanding maintenance debt. Underwriters for the deal; Rate of property tax charged by the school district; Number of...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p29
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of December 2000. Upgrade of the general obligation debt pledge rating of Alaska Housing Finance Corp.; Details on the bond measure of the Los Angeles Community College District for the April 10 ballot; Decision of Judge...
- Vermont, New Hampshire towns join in school district. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p5
Reports on the establishment of Rivendell Interstate School District by residents in four towns along the New Hampshire and Vermont border. Results of a referendum for the school district; Characteristics of the Vermont bond market.