So Far, Nebraska Is Content With Embracing Public Power
- Nebraska Utility Readies $160M Deal After Settling Suits. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p44
Reports the sale of bonds by the Lincoln Electric System company in Chicago, Illinois. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Bond counsel of the sale.
- Lincoln Plans Electric System Deal To Get Ahead of California Influx. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31193, p48
Reports on the plan of Lincoln Electric Systems to sell bonds in Nebraska. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- Lincoln Electric System Gets Green Light for $180M to Handle Demand. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p64
Reports that the Lincoln Electric Systems (LES) in Nebraska is to return to the market in September 2003 with up to 180 million dollars of bonds that it will issue using the Grant Street Group's electronic bidding platform after the Lincoln City Council authorized the issue. Application of the...
- Lincoln, Neb., Utility Selling $115M to Boost Capacity. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32227, p30
No abstract available.
- University of Nebraska, Local Electric System Team Up . Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31282, p6
Focuses on the sale of revenue bonds by a partnership formed between the University of Nebraska and the public utility Lincoln Electric Systems. Value of bonds that will tap the school's payments and cost savings from energy conservation efforts to cover debt service; Corporation through which...
- Utilities. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p18A
Reports on the performance of water and sewer utilities bonds in the United States for the first half of 1997. Bond insurance; Homogenization of credit; Issuance; New money issues; Refinancing; Rankings of underwriters.
- Utilities. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p21A
Highlights the performance of utility bond issuance in the United States in 1997. Twenty-four percent increase in levels; Amount of total bonds issued; Quarterly utility bond sales; Leading issuers and largest deals; Revolving funds activity.
- Municipal utilities will keep trying to relax bond covenants, S&P says. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/03/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30365, p29
Focuses on Standard & Poor's announcement that municipal utilities across the United States will increasingly change their bond covenants, potentially reducing bondholder protection. Utilities' efforts to become more flexible as electricity markets are deregulated; Possibility that some...
- In Last of Its $1.3B Capital Plan, Omaha Public Power Plans $245M. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32727, p32
The article reports on the plan of the Omaha Public Power District to issue $245 million of revenue bonds as part of its capital improvement plan. It is inferred that the bonds will be insured by payments generated from the system's revenue. It is also revealed that Moody's Investors Service...