- ABS Shines Amid Volatile Conditions. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;05/08/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Deals with the success of the asset-backed securities (ABS) market as of May 8, 2000. Strong performance of the Rule 144A market; Characteristics of ABS transactions; Financial information on ABS transactions.
- HEL issuers drag down ABS market. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 43, p14
Focuses on financial analysts' gloomy outlook for the asset-backed securities market in the United States despite the giant deals from Chrysler Financial Corp. and MBNA America Bank. Widening of spreads in three weeks; Liquidity problems faced by lenders in the subprime mortgage business;...
- ABS Undergoes Fundamental Change As Consolidation, Poaching Continue. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/07/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 32, p21
Reports on the status of the United States asset-backed securities (ABS) market. Volume during the first half of 2000; Fundamental changes being undergone as consolidation and poaching continue; Reaction of banks; Signs of maturity.
- 2001 'shaping up as another busy year' for Australian ABS. R.H. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p21
Presents an overview of the asset-backed securities markets in Australia for the year 2001. Investments; Securitization transactions; Emergence of the commercial mortgage-backed sector; Return on investments.
- CDO deal sparks Portuguese ABS for 2001. // Asset Securitization Report;3/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the impact of the Cabral transaction on the securitization market in Portugal. Adoption of a securitization law; Terms of the transaction; Hesitance of regulators to promote credit securitization.
- Secondary liquidity freezes for European esoteric classes. NC // Asset Securitization Report;2/18/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p20
Points out that while the European primary asset-backed securities (ABS) market for vanilla issues has been quite healthy, analysts say that esoteric asset classes have suffered in the secondary markets. Nearly frozen secondary trading; Problem of small investor base for non-conforming loans,...
- ABS: 40.9% of guarantor business. KD // Asset Securitization Report;4/22/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the growth of asset-backed securities market in the U.S. Disclosure of information by The Association of Financial Guaranty Insurors; Value of securities insured in 2001; Total insured asset-backed securities.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA. // Asset Securitization Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p32
Presents chart graphs depicting asset-backed securities of countries sold in the Euromarket. Security type of Argentina; Private offerings of equity sold to the Euromarket; Graph of international proceeds by region.
- Supply returns to normal summer pace despite turmoil. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;8/19/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 33, p9
Reports on the trading of asset-backed securities (ABS) in the United States as of August 19, 2002. Pricing of ABS deals; ABS deals in various sectors.