Senate Finance Hearing Focuses On Incentives for Conservation
- Tax Extenders You Can Count On. Russell, Roger // Accountingtoday.com;9/29/2015, p1
Tax provisions that are likely to be passed - however late (text version)
- Senate okays Obama's tax cut bill, now all eyes on the House. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;12/16/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 51, p4
The article focuses on the move of the U.S. Senate to pass the tax cuts and unemployment package bill of President Barack Obama.
- Roll Call: Democratic Tax Bill Fails Amid Procedural Delays. // Human Events;03/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p22
Reports that the United States (U.S.) Senate rejected the tax cut plan proposed by U.S. House Democrats. Features of the tax cut plan; Details on the motion made by the U.S. House Democrats to recommit the bill; Arguments used to justify the tax cut plan.
- House Passes Tax Cut, Senate Rejects 'Lockboxes.' // Human Events;03/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p23
Reports that the United States (U.S.) Senate passed the first part of the tax cut proposal of United States President George W. Bush. Challenges faced by U.S. House Republicans in passing the bill; Voting of the Senate on the repeal of former U.S. President Bill Clinton's ergonomics...
- Roll Call: House Approves Slow Tax-Rate Reductions. // Human Events;03/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p23
Highlights the approval of the United States (U.S.) Senate on the tax cut proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush. Opposition of U.S. House Democrats on the tax cut proposal; Features of the tax cut proposal; Details on the motion made by the House Democrats for recommitting the tax cut bill.
- Senate Tax Bill Passes; School Bonds Now Up to Conferees. Ferris, Craig T.; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31146, p1
Reports on the United States Senate's approval of a tax cut package. Inclusion of two tax-exempt bond measures design to spur school construction; Shift in the control of the Senate to the Democrats.
- Border initiative advances. // Inside Tucson Business;07/24/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the United States Senate Appropriations committee's passage of the Southwest Border Initiative. Funding package designed to provide funding for law enforcement, construction and high-tech equipment for communities in the U.S.-Mexico border; Provisions of the initiative.
- As Senate Rejects Estate Tax Repeal, Proponents Vow To Fight On. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/17/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 24, p42
Reports on the Senate vote in June 2002 against the repeal of the estate tax in the U.S. Implications of the move; Provisions of the estate tax of the U.S.; Outlook of the life insurance industry.
- Nearly party-line vote rejects Senate 'millionaires tax'. // Hill;7/18/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 105, p21
The article reports on the outcome of the U.S. Senate's meeting titled "Senate Vote 108: Cloture on the Sense of the Senate resolution to increase taxes on millionaires" held on July 13, 2011 which showed that party-line vote rejects the government's millionaires tax resolution.