Muni Prices Stable; Merrill Lynch Wins $1 Billion of California GOs
- Oakland Comes to Market in Effort To Restructure Pension Bond Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p5
Reports the decision of Oakland municipality in California to sell taxable pension obligation bonds. Purpose for selling the bonds; Negotiator for the transaction; Adviser for the deal.
- Maryland GOs Withstand Market Selloff. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;3/7/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33873, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in the first week of March 2013. She mentions that Maryland has come in the market with its gilt-edged general obligation loan deal amounting 680.6 million U.S. dollars which is one of the largest...
- Volume Plunges 28% in May. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;6/3/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33921, p1
The article informs that bond volume in the U.S. bond market has dropped down by 28 percent to 27.3 billion U.S. dollars in 1,226 deals in the year 2013. It mentions that the issuance numbers for long-term municipal bonds has continued to underwhelm market expectations in May 2013. It also...
- Dealers: Up to $400B in Bonds for 2013. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;12/26/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33835, p1
The article offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in the year 2013. According to the U.S. municipal market bond dealers, approximately 230 billion U.S. dollars of debt are expecting to mature in the year 2013 that will strength the market with new deals. It also...
- Muni December Volume Climbs 4%. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;1/2/2012, Vol. 383 Issue 33838, p1
The article offers information on the U.S. municipal finance for the year 2012. It mentions that the volume of municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market have increased in the last month of the year, December 2012. It also informs that the bond issuances have risen up by four percent to 25.3...
- Taxable, New Money Deals Climb. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;5/1/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33904, p1
In this article, the author offers information on the performance and the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market in April 2013. He mentions that the long-term municipal bond issuance has dropped down during the month but due to rise in new money and taxable deals, a small increase has...
- Muni Market Set for Chicago Deal, More Supply. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;1/12/2016, p1
The municipal bond market is set to see more supply hit the screens on Tuesday and many traders will be watching for the formal pricing of Chicago's $500 million of general obligation bonds.
- Muni Traders Await First of New Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34419, p1
The municipal bond market was set to see the first of the week's hefty new issuance come to market on Tuesday, led off by several big competitive sales and a few notable negotiated deals.
- Cuyahoga County Sets $101M GO Sale. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;11/21/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33817, p1
The article reports that Cuyahoga County of Ohio, is planning to come in the U.S. bond market with its 101 million U.S. dollars of debt in November 2012. It mentions that it is one of the rare general obligation (GO) bond sales by government of the county. It also informs that it is first deal...