NEWS IN BRIEF
- S&P Drops Missouri School District to A-Plus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33775, p1
The article offers information that the company Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its rating on Brentwood School District, Missouri, two notches to A-plus.
- S&P takes Texas districts off watch. Preston, Darrel // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has taken 14 Texas school districts off its CreditWatch.
- Lacker: Unlikely to Need Zero FFR Thru Late 2014. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33759, p2
The article presents information on that Jeffrey Lacker, President of the Richmond Federal Reserve Bank, is disagreed with his fellow monetary policymakers regarding their decision to maintain the federal funds at a rate of zero through late 2012.
- S&P Puts Embattled Colorado District on CreditWatch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p5
Reports that the Saint Vrain Valley School District RE-1J near Denver, Colorado, was placed on CreditWatch as of November 19, 2002 by ratings company Standard & Poor's Corp. Factor contributing to the move by Standard & Poor's; Downgradation of the district by ratings company Moody's Investor...
- Central Unified School District Receives 'A' Credit Rating. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/12/98, Issue 322367, p9
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s issuance of an `A' credit rating to Central Unified School District in Fresno, California. Growth rate of student enrollment in the district; Growth of the district's tax base; Estimated fiscal 1998 ending general fund balance.
- School's Better Grade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32115, p35
Reports on the increased rating of Marion County School District No. 60 debt to A from A-minus by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P Drops California School District COPs to BB-Plus. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p4
Reports that the Standard & Poor's has downgraded certificates of participation issued by the Vallejo City, California Unified School District. Investigation of the condition of student school district's finances; Problem on budget; Assessment of the expenditure side of the budget.
- Citing Big Deficit, S&P Lowers Rating For 'Utopian' Texas School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31122, p4
Reports the reduction of the rating on the outstanding general obligation debt of the Independent School District by Standard & Poor's in Dallas, Texas. Reason for the reduction of the credit rating; Measures of implemented by the school administration to reduce expenditures; Reorganization of...
- Tahoe Truckee USD Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31933, p2
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Ratings Services to raise its rating on the general obligation (GO) bonds of Tahoe Truckee Unified School District in California. Basis of the upgrade; Details of upgrade of previous GO bonds of the district.