IDFA Reviewing Indemnity Clause
- This Time, The IRS May Really Be 'Here To Help You' Friedman, Douglas I. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/5/2004, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the proposed regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service and discusses its benefits to insurance agents. Changes in the required minimum distributions from qualified plans and individual retirement accounts; Flexibility for life plan participants.
- Tax Accounting. Salles, James E. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Sep2001, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p29
Discusses the Revenue Ruling 2001-31 released by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on June 5, 2001. Details of the Revenue Ruling 2001-31; Policy of the IRS on insurance contracts between closely related parties; Effect of a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court on insurance-related court cases.
- Life Insurance Loss Utilization. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on United States Internal Revenue Service's issuance of a coordinated issue paper dealing with life insurance loss utilization.
- IRS Acquiesces To Tax Court On Advance Commissions. Caudill, April K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/13/99, Vol. 103 Issue 50, p23
States that the United States (US) Internal Revenue Services (IRS) has acquiesced to the decision of the US Tax Court on advance commissions. Details on the decision; Impact of the court's decision to IRS policy.
- Plan Menu May Offer Supplemental Health Policies. Chandler, Darlene // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/8/99, Vol. 103 Issue 45, p30
Reveals that the United States Internal Revenue Service has released a technical advice memorandum which states that certain types of supplemental health insurance policies can be offered on a pre-tax basis. Key features of the supplemental health insurance policies; Question on compensation...
- The next `hot' areas of IRS scrutiny. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/17/1994, Vol. 98 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's planned scrutiny of life insurance transfers for value. Increased number of rulings regarding transfers of life insurance; Application of Section 1035 exchanges of life insurance policies and annuities; Implications for life underwriters...
- Plan determination letter program reopened. Caudill, April K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/11/98, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p36
Reports on US Internal Revenue Service's reopening of its determination letter program for insurance plans seeking to establish compliance with legislation passed from 1994 through 1997. Rulings on plan amendments including changes to the qualification requirements; Issuance of an update of the...
- New IRA Regs Simplify Required Minimum Distributions. Caudill, April K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/19/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the proposal of the United States Internal Revenue Service for a distribution requirements regulation for life insurance. Provisions of the regulation; Scope of the regulation.
- Avoiding The 10% Penalty On IRA Distributions. Bitzer, Frank J. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/17/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p28
Presents techniques on how individual retirement account (IRA) holders in the United States (US) can have cost-of-living adjustments without incurring the distribution penalty. Terms of the Code regarding equal periodic payments; Implication of the US Internal Revenue Service's proposal to...