High-Quality Deals Queue Up, But California Questions Abound
- Burlington, Vt., to Refund $34 Million for Electric Utility. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p35
Reports on the plans of the officials of Burlington, Vermont, to refund revenue bonds for the Burlington Electric Department. Refunding plans for Series 2001A bonds and Series 2002A bonds; Underwriter for the revenue bonds deal; Company providing insurance for the two deals.
- Upgrades Power N.H. Electric Utility Rev. Refunding. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p3
Reports that electric utility company New Hampshire Public Service Co. is selling $287 million in pollution-control revenue refunding bond. Advantage of upgraded credit rating and introduced regulations for the company; Names of companies involved in sale of the bonds; Features of the refunding...
- Utility sector. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p10
Reports that public power authorities could potentially increase their issuance of refunding and restructuring bonds, influenced by historic low yields in the bond market, according to Merrill Lynch analyst Christopher Mauro.
- N.H. mulls bonding for power utilities' costs. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/16/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30351, p34
Reports that New Hampshire lawmakers are looking into the prospect of issuing bonds to help electric utilities recover investment losses and goad a deregulation opponent into dropping its lawsuit. Remarks from deputy treasurer Michael Ablowich; Deregulation effort stalled by litigation filed by...
- Investors seeking utility deals play in belly of the curve. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;05/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30650, p7
Focuses on the trading of electric utility bonds in the United States. Effects of the uncertainty surrounding deregulation of the electric utility market; Maturities of bonds of interest to investors; Refinancing of tax-exempt bonds.
- Texas utility plans $1.4B refinancing. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p1
Focuses on the plans of Texas-based electric utility, Lower Colorado River Authority to issue refinancing bonds in the state. Options under consideration include the selling of debt on a taxable basis; Plans by the utility to boost its competitiveness in the state's deregulated electric utility...
- Electric power. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p30A
Investigates the performance of electric power bond sales in the United States in 1997. Quarterly bond sales; Total amount issued; Leading issuers and largest deals; Issues and concern related to a legislative bill filed by Republic Representative Frank Murkowski.
- Wait Till Next Year? Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31221, p1
Focuses on the power revenue bond of California. Plans for selling the revenue bonds; Causes for the delay of marketing the bonds; Factors causing the negative outlook on the bond rating.
- CPUC pulls choice from the hands of California customers. Davis, Kathleen // Electric Light & Power;Oct2001, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p1
Reports the suspension of retail energy choice for power consumers by the California Public Utilities Commission in California. Use of bond as refund to the Department of Water Resources; Effects of the suspension on small customers; Disappointment of the Alliance for Retail Energy Markets on...