Results of Competitive Sales
- Iowa Schools Meet Resistance To Sales Tax-Backed Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p1
Reports on the resistance to sales-tax backed school bonds in Polk County, Iowa. Spending of proceeds on a pay-as-you-go basis; Several counties in the state's approval of the sales tax.
- Cherokee County, Ga., OKs $150 Million School Bond and Sales Tax. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31227, p38
Reports the approval of a school bond referendum and a renewal of one-cent sales tax by voters in Cherokee County, Georgia. Comments of Candler Howell, finance director of Cherokee County School District to the tax approval process; Support of the officials to the approval of the bonds and...
- Strength Breeds Flexibility. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31116, p1
Reports the plans of Michigan state for the sale of multimodal general obligation school loans. Valuation of bonds; Loans for schools; Initiation of a liquidity facility.
- Judge Voids Arizona Tax Initiative. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30952, p1
Reports on the decision of a Maricopa County Superior Court on a sales tax initiative in Arizona. Funding of about 900 million of bonds for school improvements; Provision of health care for the poor.
- Local-Option Sale Tax Debt Gains Ground With Iowa Schools. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p34
Reports that the number of Iowa school districts that leverage their share of the tax and issue bonds are expected to continue to grow even outside the counties with the strongest commercial bases as more counties plan to ask voters to levy a local-option sales tax. Differences in the way...
- Arizona Board Plans 'Historic' $500 Million Deal for Schools. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p3
Reports the issuance of school campus improvement funds by the Arizona School Facilities Board. Cost estimates of public school improvement; Establishment of baseline standards for school facilities; Unconstitutionality of the state's capital outlay funding; Approval of the state sales tax...
- Oklahoma City Voters OK School Debt; Tulsa Voters Sink Riverfront Tax Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32731, p3
The article reports on the result of the election in Oklahoma. It states that Oklahoma City voters approved a $248.3 million school bond package while Tulsa County voters rejected a sales tax increase to pay for riverfront development. It states that all four bond ballot questions proposed by...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;6/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34328, p1
A chart is presented depicting results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in U.S. states as of June 2015 including Grant and Revenue Anticipation Refunding Bonds in Idaho, General Obligation School Bonds, Series 2015 in Illinois, and General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2015 in Pennsylvania.
- Fixing Up Arkansas Schools Could Cost $3B, Report Says. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p5
Reports on the cost associated with bringing Arkansas school facilities into compliance with standards outlined by the state Supreme Court in 2002. Spending on a study of state school facilities before writing laws that would create fundings mechanisms to equalize school facilities across the...