Johnston, R.I., Gets Upgrades Before Sale
- Moody's Puts North Carolina Triple-A GO Rating on Watch List Over $1.1B Deficit. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p3
Reports the inclusion of North Carolina in general obligation bond rating on watch list for possible downgrade by Moody's Investors Service. Problems on budget shortfall of the state; Preparation of the state in selling variable-rate bonds; Presence of weak tax collections.
- Moody's: Beleaguered Oakland School District's Rating at Risk. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p26
Reports that Oakland Unified School District in California faces a possible state takeover due to a million dollar budget shortfall and a possible downgrade in rating, according to the financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. General obligation debts of the district; Percentage...
- Moody's gives Aaa to Columbus refunding. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p3
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's assigning of an Aaa rating to a general obligations refunding bonds that the city of Columbus, Ohio plans to sell on January 13, 1998. Features of the negotiated refunding; Comment by Bill Leech, analyst for Moody's; Population growth in the city; Expected...
- Deptford, N.J., GOs Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p2
Reports on the statement from Moody's Investors Service Inc. regarding the outstanding general obligation bonds in New Jersey.
- NEW JERSEY: Bayonne Blues. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the rating of Moody's Investors Service for Bayonne's general obligation bond sale in New Jersey. Amount of the outstanding debt of the company; Existence of budgetary gaps in the company.
- NEW YORK: Upstate Troubles. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the bond decrease in New York City according to Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch: Hampton Center. Blake, Kerry // Bond Buyer;10/31/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31503, p41
Reports that Hampton in Virginia is planning to issue several million dollars worth of revenue bonds in a negotiated sale tentatively set for November 13, 2002. Lead manager on the deal; Ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s rating of the bond; Basis for the rating; Tax increases in...
- Analytical Change Could Raise Bar For Some Housing Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31510, p4
Discusses the impact of the lowering of assumptions of returns that state and local housing bond issues can get on their reinvested funds by ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. on housing deals in the U.S. Impact of the lowering of assumptions on the structuring of some housing deals;...
- Moody's raises Puerto Rico outlook. // Bond Buyer;03/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30848, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded its rating for Puerto Rico's general obligation bonds.