Wichita Schools Selling $94.8M of GOs for Building Needs
- Pittsburgh Schools Sets $54M While Coping With Tax Limits. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32489, p3
The article reports on the plans of Pittsburgh School District to competitively sell $54 million of general obligation (GO) bonds for infrastructure improvements. The overall plan of the district is to downsize and streamline operations in response to tax limits the state imposed 2006. The...
- Oklahoma City Schools Less Than Happy Under Supermajority Rule. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;04/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31119, p1
Reports on the infrastructure problems facing the Oklahoma City Public Schools in Oklahoma, according to preliminary findings of a facilities studies. Amount of structural upgrades needed by the district; Statistics compiled by the Oklahoma State Election Board.
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.
- Buffalo, N.Y., Schools to Sell $185M. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/9/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31715, p1
Reports on plans of New York-based Buffalo City School District to sell $185 million in insured 20-year-revenue bonds to finance school facility projects in the western New York city. Approach towards school financing approved in the Buffalo Schools Act; Reasons behind the enactment of Buffalo...
- Pittsburgh School District to Sell $39 Million, With More to Come. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p5
Reports on the marketing of general obligation bonds by Pittsburgh School District in Pennsylvania. Increase in education spending; Construction of elementary school; Removal of pyrite from the foundation of a high school building.
- School Successes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the approval of bond issues among the voters in two independent school districts in Houston, Texas.
- Good News in Hand, Cincinnati Schools to Sell Record $480M. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p30
Reports on the issuance of classroom facilities construction and improvement bonds by the Cincinnati City School District in Ohio. Schedule of the bond sale; Proceeds of the sale; Selection of Seasongood & Mayer as underwriter of the deal.
- Elgin Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p31
Reports on the approval of the sale of bonds by the board of education of Elgin School District U-46 in Elgin, Illinois. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Permission on the issuance of bonds without a referendum by the Illinois law.