'Bus Rapid Transit': Faster Than A Bus, Cheaper Than a Subway
- Mass Transit Debate Rolls On. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Honolulu City Council to sell an unspecified amount of bonds at the end of 2007 for mass transit on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. However, the council has yet to reach an agreement on whether a so-called fixed guideway will carry bus traffic, rail or some...
- San Francisco Proposes $500M GO Bond for Transportation Plan. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;5/8/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34106, p1
The article informs that San Francisco, California, is proposing a 1.5 billion dollars transportation package, which includes 500 million dollars of general obligation bonds, to go on the city's November 2014 ballot. It further informs about funding package, known as "Transportation 2030,"...
- First to sell transit garvees, New Jersey receives single-A from S&P. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30603, p23
Focuses on New Jersey Transit Corp.'s mass transit bond sale backed by future federal grants. Sale of the bonds on March 24, 1999; Use of the proceeds to buy new buses; Standard & Poor's' rating for the bonds; Mixed reviews received by the bond sale; New Jersey as the first state to sell grant...
- Anchorage Voters Approve Six Bond Measures. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;4/9/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34090, p1
The article focuses on the approval of six out of seven bond measures in municipal elections by voters in Anchorage, Alaska in April 2014. Topics discussed include authorization of 84.4 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds to fund a variety of construction and renovation projects...
- SFMTA: No Bonds for Now. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32453, p35
The article reports on the announcement of San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency executive director and CEO Nathaniel Ford that the agency will not ask its parent transit authority for more bonding within the next five years in San Francisco, California. He claimed that existing revenue...
- Puerto Rico Lawmakers Pass $2.9 Billion Debt Plan with Rate Cap. // Bond Buyer;12/10/2014, Issue 24223, p1
Puerto Rico's legislature passed a $2.9 billion borrowing measure that would repay money owed to the Government Development Bank and fund public transportation.
- Rhode Island Treasurer Calls for Debt Management Overhaul. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/3/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34420, p1
Rhode Island Treasurer Seth Magaziner called for an overhaul of state debt management, saying the 38 Studios fiasco is not the only example of poor practices.
- N.C. Governor Unveils $1B Transportation Bond Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/22/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34181, p1
North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory plans to recommend a $1 billion transportation bond program to the General Assembly next year.
- Minnesota's Met Council Readies Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34339, p1
The Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities takes competitive bids June 8 on $150 million of general obligation bonds to fund parks, transit, and wastewater projects in the region.