Have Colleges, Will Bond
- Calif. LAO: Impact of $12.3B Education Bond Depends on Rates. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p36
Reports on the fiscal impact of the education bonds on interest rates in California. Renovation of school facilities; Increase of annual debt service payments; Allocation of budget for higher education.
- Texas ISDs Set $870M Of Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p1
The article reports on the plan of schools in Texas to issue bonds totaling 870 million dollars to take advantage of the low interest rates. The bond market is also marked by some of the largest offerings in the country in 2007. The bond market is expected to rebound from its low performance...
- Softer First Half in California Pulls Down Far West Volume. Saskal, Rick; Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p1
Reports on the decline in the bond issues sold by borrowers in the Far West. Success of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as the top underwriter in Hawaii and in the region; Contribution of low long-term interest rates in encouraging issuers; Observation that most of the borrowing for schools is...
- Upstate N.Y.'s Ithaca College Readies $48.9M Refunding. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32210, p3
Reports on the plans of Ithaca College to sell $48.9 million of revenue bonds to refund two series of bonds issued in the late 1990s in Ithaca, New York. Issuance of its debt through the Tompkins County Industrial Development Agency; Cost of Series B bonds that will be hedged with an interest...
- School Bond Issues. // Education Digest;Mar1969, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p60
This article reports that school officials in the U.S. are withholding approved bond issues from the market because of the current high cost of borrowing money. It has been concluded by the specialists on the basis of new statistics released by the U.S. Office of Education (USOE). Many...
- Waiting Game in Texas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p1
Reports on the new-money general obligation bond offerings of the Clear Creek Independent School District (ISD) and the Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in Texas. Advantage offered by high interest rates for Clear Creek; Consideration of Cypress-Fairbanks whether to delay their deal until the U.S. Internal...
- IRS Rules $64.2M of Hazleton, Pa., School District GOs Taxable. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p6
Reports on the ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service that $64.2 million of general obligation bonds issued in 1997 by the Hazleton Area School District in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, are taxable. Discovery of a defeasance escrow, funded by a portion of the Series 1997 bonds; Requirement for...
- Rate Futures Getting Interesting. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Feb2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
The article predicts a possible cut in Mexican interest rate in 2011.
- Pricing Out Interest Rate Hikes. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p5
This article offers an outlook for interest rates in Mexico in 2011.