Trio deny Bentalls' bid
- Minerva offer lures Allders shareholders. // Estates Gazette;2/8/2003, Issue 306, p45
Focuses on the move of Minerva to raise its bid for the department store group Allders in February 2003. Statement issued by Minerva Chief Executive Officer Andrew Rosenfeld; Details of the bid.
- Minerva silent over bid for Allders. // Estates Gazette;11/23/2002, Issue 247, p41
Reports on the reaction of Minerva on issues related to a bid for Allders. Rumors on the involvement of Baugur, an Icelandic retailer, as the bidder; Comment from analyst Miranda Walsh on the issue.
- Takeover bids give Index welcome boost. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/29/2002, Issue 5315, p5
Focuses on the takeover bids of Minerva on Allders in Great Britain. Amount offered by Minerva for the takeover; Explanation for the interest of the company on Allders; Updates on the shares of furniture companies.
- Allders primed for Â£125m sale. // Cabinet Maker;11/29/2002, Issue 5315, p5
Details the possible sale of department store chain Allders to Minerva in Great Britain. Amount offered by Minerva for the company; Lack of management experience by Minerva in operating a retailer; Declines in the sales of Allders.
- Store of energy. Wheatley, Catherine // Estates Gazette;1/26/2002, Issue 204, p70
Reports on the expansion plans of Allders department stores in Great Britain. Remarks from Harvey Lipsith, chief executive of Allders; Value of property assets; Proposal of property company Minerva; Store formats developed by the company.
- A word from the wise. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;1/18/2003, Issue 303, p50
Deals with the criticism against the bidding of Minerva with former Bhs chief executive Terry Green to acquire the Allders department store chain in December 2002. Information on Minerva's business; Importance of Allders to Minerva; Implcication of the bid; Description of Minerva's building.
- Selfridges Deadline Nears. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/16/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 101, p3
Reports on the nearing deadline of the bidding for the sale of the department store Selfridges Ltd. in London, England. Offer of businessman Galen Weston to buy the store; Cost of the sale proposed by Weston; Number of days left for final decision of the bid.
- Executive shake-up at Minerva after write-off. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;3/5/2005, Issue 509, p51
Reports on the decision of developer Minerva to conduct a major internal restructuring after a write-off against its investment in department store chain Allders. Changes in management positions; Information on the company's pretax loss and net asset value caused by the write-off against...
- Allders for sale. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/2005, Issue 5418, p4
Reports that store chain Allders PLC has been put up for sale by Minerva PLC.