More Waterbury, Conn., Trouble: State Board Rejects Budget
- Pittsburgh mayor looks to trash tax again to fight budget deficit. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p29
Reports on Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Mayor Tom Murphy's inclusion of the garbage-collection tax and other fee increases in his 1999 operating budget as part of effort to fight budget deficit. Earlier fight over the trash tax; City's obligation debt rating.
- Regional Experience of Differentiated Tax Norms for Municipal Budgets. Istomina, Natalya A. // Izvestia Uralskogo Gosudarstvennogo Ekonomiceskogo Universiteta;2011, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p197
There is analyzed the experience of establishing differentiated tax norms for municipal budgets in the Sverdlovsk oblast. The paper gives the values of the norms which were set for municipalities in 1999-2011. Principal peculiarities of regional budgetary practice in this sphere are highlighted.
- City budget forum, March 19. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/13/2003, Issue 794, p20
Announces a city budget forum for residents of District Three in San Diego, California in March 2003. Hosting of the forum by Councilmember Toni Atkins, city manager Mike Uberuaga and city financial and management services staff; Provision of the public with information about the city's 2004...
- Pittsburgh Oversight Board Rejects Mayor's Budget Plan. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p40
Reports on the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, oversight board's rejection of Mayor Tom Murphy's proposed five-year budget plan. Claims of the board on the plan's failure to meet the balanced budget requirement; Pittsburgh's attempt to fight off insolvency resulting from its shrinking tax base.
- Budget surplus benefits Wharton County citizens. SPENRATH, PHILLIP // East Bernard Express (TX);8/15/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 33, p3
The article discusses a budget surplus in ending balance savings that would benefit citizens of Wharton County, Texas, in 2013.
- Recycling rates, logic don't equate. // Waste News;2/19/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p8
The article comments on municipal recycling budget in the U.S. City recycling budgets, when given for 2006 and 2005, generally didn't increase much. But some cities that spent a significant amount more on recycling in 2006 compared with 2005 saw some payoff. Baltimore's budget nearly doubled...
- SELECTED PROBLEMS OF FINANCES OF MUNICIPALITIES IN THE 25TH YEAR OF SELF-GOVERNMENT IN POLAND. Sierak, Jacek // Research Papers of the Wroclaw University of Economics / Prace N;2015, Issue 403, p275
Finances of municipalities determine the realization of public services and shaping of the conditions for local development. The study of the dynamics of changes of budget revenues and expenditures of Polish municipalities shows numerous internal and external conditions of financial management...
- FLORIDA: 'Undergrounding' GOs? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p35
The article reports on the concerns discussed by the Palm Beach Town Council about holding a referendum to ask voters to approve the issuance of general obligation bonds to finance the primary needs of the town in Florida. According to the report, the town officials had estimated that the cost...
- Philadelphia's Mandatory Budget Deadline Looms Large. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p4
Reports on the progress of budget talks in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, city council as of May 17, 2004. Public hearings on a tax reform package; Concerns over the council's ability to complete the budget at the end of the month; Breakdown of the proposed budget.