Riding Upgrade, Health Care Giant Comes to Market Again Out West
- Providence Health's Highly Rated Sale Bucks a Sector Trend. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;7/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31918, p30
Reports on the worth of Series 2004 fixed-rate bonds held for sale by Seattle, Washington-based Providence Health System (PHS). Rating of PHS bonds according to Moody's Investors Service; Underwriter of the bonds; Purpose of the proceeds which will be derived from the sale.
- 10% of the best. // Oregon Business Magazine;May95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p62
Reports on the recognition of Oregon in producing ten of the 100 best hospitals in the United States. Role of Providence Health Systems in the recognition; Factors contributing to hospitals' success in Oregon.
- Changing of the guard. Goldberg, Eddy // BusinessWest;Oct93, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p22
Discusses changes implemented in the Sisters of Providence Healthcare System (SPHS) in Western Massachusetts. Retirement of Mercy Hospital president and chief executive officer, Sister Mary Caritas; Appointment of Vincent McCorkle as successor; Appointment of Sister Ruth McGoldrick president of...
- Providene reorganizes Seattle operations. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the planned reorganization of Providence Health System's Seattle, Washington-based Roman Catholic outpatient clinic operations due to financial woes. Total clinics Providence pulled out of a joint venture with Franciscan Health System; Factors contributing to its poor financial...
- Keane Inc. // Health Management Technology;Mar1998, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p57
Focuses on Providence Health System's signing of a contract to purchase Patcom Plus UNIX-based patient management system by Keane Inc. for its two California facilities.
- Another plan sold. Rauber, Chris // Modern Healthcare;11/30/98, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p16
Highlights the plans of Sisters of Providence Health Systems, a Roman Catholic hospital system in the United States to sell its managed-care plan to a group of competing providers who see a potential to the plan and a strong addition to their PPO network. Comments from John Koster, vice...
- Interview with Greg Van Pelt, FACHE, vice president and chief executive, Providence Health System, Washington Region, Seattle. Grazier, Kyle L. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p348
Interviews Greg Van Pelt, the vice president of Providence Health System in Seattle, Washington. Career history; Job responsibilities; Educational background.
- Integration at Two Levels. Skinner, Rick // Health Management Technology;Oct2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on the automation of the laboratory facilities of Providence Health System. Factors considered in selecting medical automation tools; Installation of the PathNet automation system; Advantages of installing Internet facilities in general laboratories.
- Four Leave Providence After ID Theft. // Health Data Management;May2006, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the move of Portland, Oregon-based Providence Health System to dismiss an employee and accepted the resignation of three others after an investigation into the theft of disks and tapes containing information on 365,000 home health patients. The company's delivery system's...