U.S. Bancorp Sells $800 Million, Dismisses Muni Manager
- U.S. Bancorp Sells $800M of Muni Bonds. Fine, Jacob // American Banker;6/18/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 116, p24
Reports the sale of bank-qualified municipal bonds by U.S. Bancorp to Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.
- Morgan Stanley Hints at Deals Abroad. Reilly, Patrick; Moyer, Liz // American Banker;2/15/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 32, p2
Discloses the interest of United States firm Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. in building its overseas retail business either through a joint venture or by acquisition. Naming of Robert Scott as president after a management reorganization within the company; Update on Firstar Corp.'s...
- Morgan Stanley presses SEC on ban in Massachusetts case. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p4
Reports on Morgan Stanley & Co.'s move to get the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to clarify whether its order temporarily lifting a two-year ban on the firm's doing municipal business with Massachusetts would extend the ban beyond the original termination date of September 9, 1998 if...
- Banned from suburbs. // Crain's New York Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p38
Reports that Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Discover & Company has banned itself from negotiating municipal bond sales for Westchester County, New York. What led Morgan Stanley to make this decision.
- Municipal Bonds Finish Unchanged; $5B of New Issues Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p2
Focuses on the amount of municipal bonds priced for retail in the U.S. Amount of Series A notes; Percentage yield of Series B notes; Retail order period opened by Morgan Stanley and Co.
- The Trading Floor. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31299, p6
Reports on an announcement by U.S.-based Firstar Corp. to change its name after its merger with U.S.-based U.S. Bancorp. Existing and changed names of the company; Business area of U.S. Bank Corporate Trust Services.
- Shareholders Back Firstar-U.S. Bancorp. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;2/14/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 31, p2
Reports that the shareholders of Firstar Corp. has approved its pendng merger with U.S. Bancorp. Schedule of the deal's closure; Total value of the deal's financial statement.
- Muni Yields Rise on Falling Treasuries; Morgan Stanley Prices N.Y.C GO Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p2
Municipal bond yields rose one to four basis points on May 29, 2003 following the decline of Treasuries, while in the new-issue market, Morgan Stanley & Co. opened the first day of an expected two-day retail order period for 650 million dollar of New York City general obligation bonds. Jonathan...
- Munis Slightly Weaker After Stronger Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits declined by 21,000 in the week ending April 28, 2007. The unit labor costs grew 0.6 percent in the first quarter, down from a revised 6.2 percent increase...