- McCain's in the control tower now. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;09/25/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p4
Reports on United States Senator John McCain's involvement in the public debate over the proposed expansion of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 25, 2000. Campaign of McCain against airlines and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's efforts to block the...
- O'Hare finally given expansion OK. // Airline Business;Jan2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the expansion of the Chicago O'Hare airport in Illinois. Problems with the plan to construct an addition runway at the airport; Estimated budget allotted for the proposed expansion.
- Runway, Peotone talks taking off. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the results of a readers' survey conducted by 'Crain's Chicago Business' periodical on the proposed expansion of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Support of a majority of respondents for the construction of a new runway; Percentage of respondents who favor the...
- Action raises airlines' esteem. McIntyre, Kathryn J. // Business Insurance;08/23/99, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p25
Comments on the flight delays in and out of Chicago's O'Hare International airport. Reasons for the flight delays; Major airlines and the United States Federal Aviation Administration's plan to improve service around the country.
- Chicago O'Hare Airport. // AirGuide Business;2/15/2010, p3
The article reports on the implications of the increased landing and rental fees at Chicago O'Hare International Airport to airline industry.
- Stuck on the runway. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the failure of an effort by Chicago, Illinois business leaders to build an additional runway at O'Hare International Airport. Political compromise between Mayor Richard Daley and Governor George Ryan; Report released in April 2000 by the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago.
- BIZ PUSHES FOR O'HARE RUNWAY. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/09/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the support of the Commercial Club of Chicago in Illinois for the construction of a runway at O'Hare International Airport. Need to upgrade the airport; Airport conditions over the summer of 2000; Background on the O'Hare Corporate Outreach Program.
- A great day to fly--and land. Grove, Mary Anna // Roads & Bridges;Jan2001, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p28
Reports on the asphalt overlay project done at the runway of Chicago, Illinois' O'Hare International Airport. History of the runway; Requirements of the aviation industry for runways; Use of hot-mix asphalt; Contractors for the project; Biggest obstacle to the project; Rationale for the choice...
- CHICAGO O'HARE COMMISSIONS NEW RUNWAY. // Airports International;Nov2013, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the fourth runway, the runway 10C/28C, commissioned by the Chicago O'Hare International Airport in five years to be built under the O'Hare Modernisation Programme (OMP) in Illinois.