The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks
- Banks' municipal holdings up 8.8% from last year. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p8
Reports on the surge of banks' municipal bond portfolios in the first half of 1998 in the United States. Data from Sheshunoff Information Services; New-issue volume; Bank-qualified deal volume; Increase of tax-exempt bonds in bank portfolios; Reasons for the popularity of municipal bonds;...
- The 500 largest municipal portfolios at U.S. banks. // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p10
Presents a chart ranking banks according to the cost basis of their municipal bond portfolios in the United States. Includes Citibank; State Street Bank & Trust Co.; NationsBank; US Bank; First Union National Bank; Morgan Guaranty Trust Co. of New York.
- Opportunities in Bank-Qualified Municipal Bonds. DeMasi, Jim // Community Banker;Jun2008, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p42
The article explores the relative value currently offered by the bank-qualified municipal bond (BQ Muni) sector in the U.S. Since 1986, banks have not been allowed to deduct the interest expense used to carry tax-exempt municipal bonds for federal tax purposes, with the exception of BQ Munis. In...
- Commercial Banks' Municipal Holdings. // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p34
Presents a chart related to commercial banks' municipal bond holdings in the United States as of December 5, 2000.
- As Bank-Qualified Municipal Issuance Grew in 2001, So Did Bank Holdings. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p41
Reports the increase of municipal bond holdings of various banks in the U.S. Total amount of bank municipal bond holdings; Amount of bank-qualified for municipal bond issuance; Percentage of municipal bond outstanding redeemed.
- The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p42
Presents a chart depicting the ranks of municipal portfolio at various banks in the U.S.
- Performance of top 25 tax-exempt funds managed by banks and thrifts. // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p20
Presents statistics on the performance of top tax-exempt municipal bond mutual funds managed by American banks and thrifts ranked by total return during the first quarter of 1997. Objective of investment; Assets.
- Individual munis touted as solid buys. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p33
Investigates the potential of commercial banks in the United States to sell individual municipal bonds to their client base. Features of individual municipals that appeal to investors; Banks' need to start embracing the idea of providing investments to their customers.
- Banks Embraced Munis Last Year, Though Rates Forced Some Away. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p7
Reports that most banks have increased their holdings of municipal bonds in the United States. Interest rate risk and other price factors; Related data published by the US Federal Reserve Board.