Commercial Banks' Municipal Holdings
- The lessons of Cleveland. Asher, Joseph // ABA Banking Journal;Feb80, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p48
Presents an analysis on technical default in the financial market in Cleveland, Ohio. Approach used aimed at increasing revenues; Failure of the city to cover a loan from one city fund to another city account; Criterion in investment decision making.
- Bank underwriters begin waking up to muni market's renewed potential. Racine, John // American Banker;9/8/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 172, p4
Discusses the renewed interest of bank underwriters in the municipal bond market due to falling interest rates. Refinancing of state and local government debts; Increase in fee income for banks underwriting debt; Availability of tax-free investments for customers; Boatmen's Bancshares Inc.'s...
- Bank Holdings Up 5% But Participation Stagnates. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p36
Reports on the level of participation of banks in the municipal bond market of the United States. Minimal appreciation of participation from 1993 to 2001; Rate of increase of volume of municipal bonds held by commercial and savings banks in 2000.
- How to Get More Income From Your Bank's Portfolio. Kirk, John // Banking;Feb65, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p10
Presents suggestions for increasing income from bank investments in the U.S. Purchase of long-term municipal bonds; Purchase of lower grades of municipal bonds; Purchase of industrial bonds.
- The case for municipal bonds. // ABA Banking Journal;Aug90, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the case for municipal bonds. Reasons for having inefficient bank investment portfolios; Suggested programs on purchasing municipal bonds; Precautions on buying municipal bonds.
- Commercial Banks Step Up Muni Bond Buying. Ramage, James // American Banker;9/25/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 148, p10
The article examines increased purchases of municipal bonds by U.S. banking industry firms in 2012, noting banks are forecast to be the third-largest holders of such securities by the end of that year.
- Municipal bond CBOs arrive in full force, bankers see promise. DG/IFR // Asset Securitization Report;9/10/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 35, p6
Reports the growth prospect of municipal bond-backed securities in the United States. Amounts of municipal debt wanted by investors to move off the balance sheet; Prevalence of municipal bond in several bank portfolios; Total amount of the series of certificates issued by Charter MAC.
- Municipal bond insurance gaining in acceptance. Miralia, Lauren M. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb80, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p63
Reports the percentage of guaranteed securities bought by correspondent banks in the U.S. Creation of the municipal bond insurance; Results of the survey of commercial banking industry on bank investments; Benefits of banks from municipal bond insurance.
- Banks' municipal holdings up 8.8% from last year. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p8
Reports on the surge of banks' municipal bond portfolios in the first half of 1998 in the United States. Data from Sheshunoff Information Services; New-issue volume; Bank-qualified deal volume; Increase of tax-exempt bonds in bank portfolios; Reasons for the popularity of municipal bonds;...