FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;12/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31771, p38
Presents the bond election result in the U.S. as of December 1, 2003. Bonds approved; Allocation of the bond for public works; Cost of the bond.
- Getting Down and Dirty in Effort To Fix Nation's Antiquated Sewers. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p1
Describes the efforts of the United States Environmental Protection Agency to address the country's combined sewer overflow. Agency's call on communities to correct the problems since mid-1990s; Financing of the project with tax-exempt bonds; Design of the nation's older sewer systems.
- Lawmakers Vow to Push $63B Build America Bonds Measure. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p1
Reports on the proposed bill for the issuance of multi-billion-dollar of taxable tax-credit bonds to finance transportation infrastructure project in the U.S. Infrastructure projects included in the bond; Inclusion of the bill with requirement of states or other recipients of the bond proceeds;...
- A Big Dig Hangover MassPike Expects to Avoid Market for 3 Years. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31771, p1
Reports on issues related to the multi-million-cost of a public works project in Massachusetts Turnpike, Massachusetts. Hangover of the project for four years; Cost of the project; Impact of the project on the finances and credit rating of the state.
- For your information. Atwater, Kristin M. // Government Product News;Jul94, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p3
Reports on public works developments in the United States. Data bank offered by Media Distribution Services to provide personal communicators a link to media representatives; Planning Center's distribution of the brochure `101 Ways to Get People Out of Their Cars: A Planner's Guide to Reducing...
- For your information. Atwater, Kristin M. // Government Product News;Sep96, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p3
Presents developments related to public works and services in the United States. Use of cellular telephones by police officers in Hendersonville, North Carolina to quicken responses to emergency situations; Firefighter Combat Challenge tour of the United States, Canada and Australia...
- The changing focus of public works: Federal strategies, local can-do. Ward, Janet // American City & County;Aug96, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p70
Focuses on the development of a national public works strategy in the United States. Reports from the Federal Infrastructure Strategy (FIS); Roadblocks to public works projects; Development of new technologies and methods; Benchmarking for public works infrastructure.
- Under investment: A silent earthquake. Warren, Andrew // Roads & Bridges;Sep96, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p14
Expresses concern over the underinvestment in physical infrastructure in the United States. Ownership and maintenance by counties of the infrastructure system; Amount of investment needed for drinking water facilities; Repair of bridges and highways.
- It's my list, and I'm the editor. Ward, Janet // American City & County;Sep94, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on public works in the United States. Public works projects as things of the past; Description of several bridges; Complaints filed against the Chicago Deep Tunnel; Changes in public works; Greater role of engineers.