Most Indexes Drop in Indicator-Heavy Yet Slow Week
- PPI, Retail Sales On Tap This Week. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p2
Reports on the producer price index and retail sales in the United States for December 2000. Expected signs of inflation in the data that will be released; Initial jobless claims for the week ended January 6, 2001.
- PPI, Retail Sales Top Data Calendar. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;10/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30993, p2
Reports on the producer price index and retail sales in the United States in September 2000.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p2
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Increase in the sales in retail; Decline of the core rate of overall producer price index; Decrease in the consumer sentiment index of University of Michigan.
- More Retail Trade Industries Added to the Producer Price Index. // PPI Detailed Report;Jan2002, p9
Presents retail industries added to the Producer Price Index by the U.S. Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) in December 2001. Process of grouping retail trade establishments; Details of SIC 5541, Gasoline Service Stations; Information on SIC 5551, Boat Dealers.
- Munis Firmer After Release of Inflation Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/16/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32446, p2
The article reports that the tax-exempt market was firmer as municipals followed Treasuries after the release of weaker-than expected inflation data in the U.S. A trader said that the data gives people a feeling that inflation is probably not as big a problem as some might fear. Yields declined...
- India: Deficit Target In Doubt. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p8
Assesses the business performance of India as of August 2004. Factors behind the rise of the wholesale price index; Implications of rising bond yields; Dilemma being faced by the Reserve Bank of India.
- Yield indexes continue to drop as rate hike looks less likely. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30767, p4
Focuses on the decline of `The Bond Buyer' newspaper's bond indexes in the United States, for the week ended November 10, 1999. Positive outlook for the core producer price index; Tobacco settlement securitization from Nassau County, New York.
- Energy buoys double-digit inflation, food price surge ebbs in second quarter. Howell, Craig; Clem, Andrew; Lamb, Eddie // Monthly Labor Review;Sep79, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p49
Focuses on rate of inflation in retail markets in the United States. Upsurge in prices for energy-related items during the second quarter of 1979; Slowdown of rise in the Producer Price Index for Finished Goods; Curtailment of flow of funds to thrift institutions.
- IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Siegel, Gary E.; McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32571, p2
The article presents market related news briefs from the U.S. The overall producer price index declined by 0.6% due to decline in energy price, with core rate going up by 0.2% and housing construction went down by 14.3% at a rate of 1.408 million with private housing permits declining by 2.8% at...