Judicial Ruling May Open Door for Settlement in Illinois Dispute
- Ill. Circuit Court won't hear company's fight for subsidies. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;06/02/97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p3
Reports that a Circuit Court Judge in Cook County, Illinois, has dismissed a lawsuit filed against the state of Illinois by Foster Wheeler Corporation. Allegations of the lawsuit; Factors which prompted the judge to dismiss the suit; Types of claims usually handled by the Cook County Circuit...
- Judge questioned for comments in Ill. case. Daniels, Steve // Waste News;7/29/96, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p2
Reports that Judge Brian Duff's apparent threat to rule against the state of Illinois in its legal battle with Foster Wheeler Corp. has led to his removal from an unrelated case. Question on Duff's impartiality in a class-action lawsuit alleging the state's mental-health system is...
- County settles lawsuit over waste plant. Clancy, David // Waste News;04/12/99, Vol. 4 Issue 48, p18
Highlights the decision of Passaic County, New Jersey to pay Foster Wheeler Corp. to settle a lawsuit over the county's never-built thrash incinerator. Value of the settlement; Legal fees; Costs associated with the project.
- Foster wheeler continues Ill. push. Daniels, Steve // Waste News;12/09/96, Vol. 2 Issue 30, p14
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Foster Wheeler Corporation of Clinton, New Jersey against the state of Illinois. Circumstances surrounding the lawsuit; Appeal of the ruling made November 1st by the United States District Judge James Zagel's; Comments from Chris Walsh, Foster Wheeler's attorney.
- Suit over clean air violations suprises incinerator operator. Killman, Curtis // Crain's Chicago Business;05/11/98, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p19
Reports on a lawsuit by the Illinois Attorney General, against Foster Wheeler Corporation's Robbins Resource Recovery Center, for violations at the center's waste-to-energy plant. Comments from Claudio Ferrari, chief executive officer of Foster Wheeler's parent company; Information on...
- In brief. // Waste News;01/24/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p6
Reports on developments in the United States' waste management industry as of January 24, 2000. Includes Waste Management Inc.'s ranking in `Business Week' magazine's 25 Worst Boards of Directors; Settlement of a racial and sexual harassment case against Foster Wheeler Corp.; WasteMasters' plan...
- ARIZONA -- MOTION TO VACATE -- TIMELINESS UNDER ARS Â§12-1513. // Arbitration Journal;Dec74, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p275
This article discusses the motion to vacate an arbitration award dismissal for failure to comply with the time requirement of ARS Â§12-1513 as seen in the case of Hatch v. Double Circle Ranch in 1974 in Arizona.
- Asbestos litigation costs creep up. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;3/28/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2140, p9
Reports on the decision of ABB to pay an additional special trust fund for its asbestos claimants. Total worth of the fund; Plans of the company for its subsidiaries following its efforts to pay for the fund; Increase in Foster Wheeler's liability to asbestos-related lawsuits; Status of a...
- What to Do When a Party Refuses to Pay Its Share of Arbitration Costs. Marinello, Mitchell L.; Schwartz, Alison T. // Dispute Resolution;Winter2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p29
The article presents options in cases wherein a party will not meet its arbitration costs obligation. It discusses the arbitrator's order for a party to cover the other's costs which if refused, a suspension or dismissal of the case is granted. Advanced payment of one party to be paid back...