July Bond Sale for Chicago's Soldier Field Faces Challenges
- Soldier Field Deal Adjusted to Post-Attack Reality, Now Set to Go. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p56
Reports the approval of the bond sale for the renovation of Soldier Field Stadium in Chicago, Illinois. Amount of the bond sale; Details of the structural change of the sale; Cost of capitalized interest; Reduction of the level of proceeds available for the project.
- Bearing down on a faulty Soldier Field rehab play. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p11
Argues against the proposed renovation of the Soldier Field football stadium, home of the Chicago Bears football team, in Chicago, Illinois. Estimated cost of renovation; Use of taxpayers' money to finance the project.
- Illinois Lawmakers OK Soldier Field Renovation. // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p1
Reports the lawmakers approval of renovation fund for the Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears in Chicago, Illinois. Results of the congressional vote of the fund; Support of Governor George Ryan for the renovation project; Use of the city and hotel state taxes for the project; Details on...
- Chicago Bears' $587 Million Stadium Renovation Plan Moves to Next Stage. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p3
Reports the management of the Soldier Field Stadium renovation by the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority in Chicago, Illinois. Details of the renovation plan; People behind the proposal of managing the renovation; Repayment of the bond to spend on the renovation project; Importance of the...
- STADIUM PASS NOT COMPLETE. McCormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the progress on negotiations for the multimillion-dollar refurbishment of the Soldier Field stadium, home to the Chicago Bears football team, in Chicago, Illinois. Changes made within the Bears organization; Opposition to the refurbishment from lakefront preservationists and other...
- Chicago Officials Rule Against Soldier Field Bond Referendum. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/03/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31049, p3
No abstract available.
- Amid Growing Dissent, Chicago Stadium Deal Gets Pricing Date. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31188, p3
Reports on the bonds that will be issued for the renovation of Soldier Field Stadium in Chicago, Illinois. Structure of the bonds; Details of the renovation plan.
- ISFA Board OKs Soldier Field Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p1
Reports on the plan of the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority to sell nearly 400 million dollar of general purpose government revenue bonds. Payment for the renovation of Soldier Field Stadium; Structure of the bonds.
- Illinois House Set to Vote on Soldier Field Renovation Money. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p4
Reports on the bond offering of Illinois to renovate Chicago's Soldier Field Stadium. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bonds.