Learning From Lotus
- Lotus expands Norwich plant as production trebles. // Professional Engineering;03/08/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the plans of Lotus to expand its car manufacturing factory in Hethel, Norwich, England. Increase in annual production capacity; Projected annual output by 2002; Cars to be produced for General Motors.
- Bouncing back. Kimberley, William // Automotive Engineer;Jun97, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the major transformation in the ownership of Cosworth and Lotus Engineering. Demonstration of stability brought by the acquisition of Cosworth by Vickers; Continuity in the practice of independence in performing care activity designs by Cosworth; Recruitment of army engineers for the...
- Back to basics. Clarke, Charles // Engineer (00137758);4/22/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7673, p36
Reports on automobile maker Lotus' designing and building of a Lotus Exige racing car the traditional way. Assembly of a small design and manufacturing team for effective communication; Inclusion of Racing Technology Norfolk to produce the specialist lightweight carbon-fiber bodywork; Redesign...
- THIS WEEK EXTRA. // AutoWeek;11/26/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 48, p10
The article offers news briefs related to the automobile industry. At the Los Angeles auto show held in Los Angeles, California from November 16 to 25, 2007, Lotus Development Corp. unveiled its 220-hp, supercharged Elise SC automobile. Vic Doolan will join Fisker Automotive Inc.'s board of...
- Tech Watch. Burgess, Peter // Automotive Engineer;Apr97, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
Presents developments related to automobile industry as of April 1997. Expansion of engineering facilities by Lotus Group; Launch of environmental friendly car by Honda Motor Co.; Development of 2.0-liter turbocharged engine by Subaru.
- EXIGE GETS BLOWN. Evans, Dean // Motor;May2005, p13
The article focuses on the Lotus Sport 240R, which Lotus Development Corp.'s latest improvement to its lightweight road racer. In exclusive yellow or black, the Exige runs an Eaton supercharger and intercooler to increase output from the Toyota 1.8-liter four-pot from 141kW to 181kW â€” an...
- Lotus sees benefits from increased outsourcing. // Automotive News Europe;10/25/99, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p23
Interviews Lotus managing director Chris Knight. Changes in the way car manufacturers outsource development work to engineering specialists like Lotus; Organization of the engineering and car businesses with Proton's ownership of Lotus; Focus on the Lotus M250 automobile.
- A rare presence. Barnett, Randy // AutoWeek;12/22/97, Vol. 47 Issue 51, p24
Presents information on Colin Chapman and his influence on the world of motorsport. Reference to the Lotus F1 racing team; Identification of his innovations in the racing field; Reference to some of the drivers that raced for him.
- Lotus drives on to success. // Accountancy;Aug1977, Vol. 88 Issue 1008, p11
This article focuses on Lotus Cars Ltd., a subsidiary of Group Lotus Ltd. The change-over from producing sports cars to making luxury high-performance cars is proving successful for Lotus Cars and the financial results for the group are expected to show a big improvement on the pre-tax loss of...