Lean Manufacturing and the Toyota Production System
- Automakers Speed HD Radio Adoption. STIMSON, LESLIE // Radio World;2/12/2014, p3
The article focuses on the technological developments in automobile industry by referring to the use of high-definition (HD) radio receivers by automakers. Topics discussed include analysis of technology developer iBiquity Digital Corp. regarding the plans of major automakers to include HD radio...
- Test system makes the gradeAutomotive component supplier Metalsa is using inspection technology from Delcam in the manufacture of parts for Toyota. // MWP;Mar2012, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p76
The article reports on Camplex Corp., the Australian sales partner of Delcam PLC, supplying inspection systems to Metalsa SA. It states that the system comprises Delcam's PowerINSPECT software, PowerSHAPE CAD software for data translation and repair, and a Baces3D portable measuring arm. It...
- Toyota moves into Hanoi International Technology Centre. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p14
Reports that the production of Toyota motor cars in Vietnam moved one step closer when the newly formed joint venture company, Toyota Motor Vietnam Company Limited.
- Toyota to build 2nd plant in Canada. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;11/7/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5577, p1
Reports on Toyota Motor Co.'s plan to build a second assembly plant in Canada. Expected annual production capacity of the plant; Corolla sedans as primary product of the plant; Number of cars the company expects to produce in 1994.
- Toyota looks at Vietnam. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;11/7/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5577, p2
Reports that Toyota Motor Co. is studying the feasibility of producing vehicles in Vietnam. Company's denial of the allegations that it has agreed to form a joint venture to build vehicles at a plant in Hanoi.
- New Toyota minivan may be launched next year. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;11/7/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5577, p29
Reports on Toyota Motor Co.'s plan to launch its 477T minivan in 1997. Two potential introduction timetables for the minivan; Production target; Features of the 477T vehicle.
- Toyota overhauls CSI program. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;1/2/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5585, p4
Reports on Toyota Division's rewriting of its customer satisfaction survey dealer scoring system. Managing of scores by dealers at cost of true customer satisfaction; Focus on customer satisfaction process and comments.
- Toyota prepares for Asia. // Automotive News;1/9/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5586, p54
Reports on Toyota Motor Corp.'s move to implement organizational changes in an effort to pursue new business in Asia. Creation of a new division to oversee operations in China; Setup of a separate division to oversee several new manufacturing operations in other parts of Asia.
- Toyota: 4th U.S. plant still a dream. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;6/26/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5611, p36
Reports that Toyota has no firm plans to build another automobile manufacturing plant in North America. Toyota's capacity needs; Impact of another plant on Japan's trade relations; Long-range business plans.